Obama 2012 campaign playlist revealed courtesy of Spotify
- 10 February, 2012 06:27
Depending on your taste in music and tolerance for others’ tastes, President Barack Obama’s latest social media move – sharing his 2012 campaign playlist via streaming music website Spotify – might be a case of over-sharing: Ricky Martin, REO Speedwagon and James Taylor all made the cut.
The president's staff shared his campaign playlist via Spotify, via Twitter and via Facebook. Obama's tweet regarding the list, issued Thursday, reads: "A little Wilco, a bit of No Doubt—check out what else made it onto the new official #Obama2012 campaign playlist."
PRESIDENTS’ DAY SPECIAL: Tech "firsts" that made a President’s day
Among the more than two dozen songs making the list: Bruce Springsteen’s "We Take Care of Our Own," U2’s "Even Better Than the Real Thing," and Aretha Franklin’s "The Weight." We’ll leave it up to the political spin doctors to explain how they apply to the campaign.
President Obama has been recognized as a techie commander in chief from the start, from the fuss made over his super-secure BlackBerry to his recent hosting of a science fair at the White House. Although one recent review gave Republican competitors an edge when it came to Web download speed.
Spotify, since embarking upon its United States adventure over the summer, has made a steady stream of announcements aimed at encouraging users to integrate the service with their mobile and other devices, their social networks, and more.
You definitely don’t want me sharing my Spotify playlists with you. But you're welcome to follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/alphadoggs
Read more about lans and routers in Network World's LANs & Routers section.
- 2012 Campaign Playlist by barackobama on Spotify
- Incompatible Browser : Facebook
- Tech 'firsts' that made a President's day
- John Cox on Wireless: White House: Obama to use security-enhanced BlackBerry
- White House science/technology extravaganza
- Obama web site crushed by Republicans' when it comes to download speeds
- Spotify woos iPhone, iPad developers with iOS tool
- LAN & WAN Research Center - Network World
- Redbook - Scalable, Integrated Solutions for Elastic Caching Using IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale
- Ryerson University Case Study
- Business Intelligence Foundation Suite
- CBS eBook: Oracle Database
- Information for Success - Customers Achieve Extreme Performance at Lowest Cost with Oracle Exadata Database Machine
Australia lags Mongolia in Internet speeds
Salesforce.com to buy Clipboard, shutting down service
Investor tips on how to propel a startup
Review: Nokia Lumia 520
Review: Nokia Lumia 520