Comments by Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins last week that the networking giant is open to collaborations with VMware in virtual networking raise the question: Just how would Cisco's ACI and VMware's NSX platforms could work together?
Stories by Brandon Butler
Amazon Web Services consultancy 2nd Watch this week released the findings of an analysis of 100,000 public cloud instances to determine the 30 most popular services being used
The conversion of the Internet of Things with the automotive industry will create world of cars that integrate with a connected home, drive themselves and are at your beck and call. This is the future, as outlined by BMW.
Recently released reports from two investment research firms call into question just exactly where IBM fits in the cloud computing market. Deutsche Bank says IBM has “no chance” of catching AWS; UBS calls IBM one of the “Big 4” in cloud
This week we've seen signs that two of the most security sensitive industries - health care and financial services - are warming to the idea of using cloud services.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago – which has $70 billion in assets – has undergone a two-year migration of its IT workloads into Amazon’s cloud, discounting the notion that the public IaaS is not ready for financial service customers.
Pivotal, the platform as a service company spun out from VMware and EMC three years ago, today announced plans to close a series C financing round worth $253 million led by Ford, Microsoft and its existing investors GE and its two parent companies.
iPaaS connects many clouds together and could be a $1 billion market soon.
Microsoft and Google each this week increased incentives for joining their cloud platforms, highlighting the aggressive nature of this battle for market share. Microsoft will offer free Azure support while is Google expanding its program to give away Apps for customers of other vendors.
Users of OpenStack express no regrets about using the open source IaaS software, but say there are significant challenges that must be overcome to manage a successful deployment.
At the OpenStack Summit in Austin, one emerging use case for the open source cloud computing platform involves telecommunications providers like AT&T and Verizon using OpenStack to deliver virtualized network features to customers.
The latest bi-annual survey data of OpenStack users shows the continued march of the open source cloud software into mainstream of enterprises, but also reveals the project’s continued challenges related to ease of deployment and management.
OpenStack has cemented itself as the dominant open source IaaS platform. But at the same time, more proprietary offerings from vendors like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and VMware reign in the market. OpenStack Foundation Director Jonathan Bryce makes the case of why open source cloud should be the foundation of your data center.
Amazon Web Services held a Summit today in Chicago and announced nifty new tools for its Cloud, but one rumoured product that could have Amazon’s Cloud partners worried remained under wraps.
During the past few years, leaders at General Electric have been aggressively migrating the 123-year-old company to the Cloud. But it hasn’t been easy. GE’s CTO for IT explains what roadblocks the industrial giant encountered, and what he’s doing now to ensure other companies who follow suit have a smoother journey.
- System Engineer - Server Migration experience NSW
- Contract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626 Asia
- Pega Operation Engineer - CEP NSW
- Software Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher Solutions NSW
- Application System Engineer ACT
- Contract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985 Asia
- Service Desk Anaylst NSW
- Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432 Asia
- Data Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark) NSW
- Solution Architect ACT
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today