The latest report of the Parliamentary Joint Committee on Human Rights raises concerns about the proportionality of proposed government legislation aimed at blocking Australian access to piracy websites.
Stories by Rohan Pearce
Optus today reported an increase of operating revenue of 4 per cent to $8.79 billion for the year, on the back of an 11 per cent revenue increase for its fourth quarter.
ASX-listed video streaming and DVD rental company Quickflix has struck an agreement with Foxtel under which Foxtel's Presto streaming service will be available through Quickflix.
StartupAUS has welcomed government moves in the budget to support small business but says it has failed to address many of the key issues facing tech-focussed startups in Australia.
A Senate committee has pushed back the reporting date of an inquiry into a bill that will potentially force ISPs to stop their customers from accessing websites linked to piracy.
The government's second budget sets aside $143 million over four years for IT systems to help deliver the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Telstra may have come last in Netflix's inaugural comparison of Australian ISP speeds, but that's no surprise according to Mike Wright, the telco's group managing director of networks.
The government is sinking $153.8 million over four years into its data retention scheme.
Australian-founded ecommerce platform provider Bigcommerce has taken the wraps of a new offering targeting high-volume retailers.
Over a quarter of a billion dollars has been allocated over the next four years by the government to push forward with the initial stage of a ‘Digital Transformation Agenda’.
The government’s so-called ‘Netflix tax’, details of which were revealed yesterday by Treasurer Joe Hockey, will bring in $350 million of additional GST revenue to the states and territories over forward estimates period covered by tonight’s budget.
Tonight’s budget included more detail on the anti-tax-avoidance measures announced yesterday by Treasurer Joe Hockey.
As part of its second budget, the federal government has announced $300 million of funding for the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS).
Pay TV provider has backed a move by the federal government to levy the GST on online services and sellers of digital goods that have Australian customers.
TPG has taken top spot in Netflix's inaugural comparison of the Internet speeds achieved by the streaming service's Australian customers.
- Front End Developer ACT
- DevOps Software Configuration Manager ACT
- Systems Engineer - NV2 ACT
- Permanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditions ACT
- Solution Architect ACT
- Security Consultant - Telecommunications and Networks SA
- Solution Architect NSW
- Implementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIB NSW
- Senior Developer - .Net, MVC, C# NSW
- Data Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQL NSW
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.