The government will collect the GST on online services such as Netflix and digital downloads such as games and movies.
Stories by Rohan Pearce
Multinational tech companies that use complex profit-shifting schemes to minimise the corporate tax they pay within Australia are likely to be slugged by new anti-avoidance measures announced today by the government.
The government believes there will be around 10 injunctions every year to force ISPs to block piracy-related websites under a new law designed to combat online copyright infringement.
The Personally Controlled Electronic Health Record (PCEHR) will be renamed 'myHealth Record' and an opt-out model trialled, the government has announced.
Despite the growth of customer relationship management software-as-a-service, SugarCRM says on-premise deployment of CRM shows no sign of dying.
"There is no choice" when it comes to developing a mobility strategy, according to IDC Australia's research director for telecommunications, Hugh Ujhazy.
The federal government has announced it will earmark $250 million over five years to upgrade aging IT systems at the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
The certainty of the revised TPG offer for Internet service provider iiNet was a key factor in the ISP’s board recommending it over a competing offer from M2, according to iiNet chairperson Michael Smith.
iiNet and the other Internet service providers will have to pay the majority of the costs related to court proceedings involving Dallas Buyers Club LLC.
The board of Internet service provider iiNet confirmed this morning that it supported a revised acquisition offer by TPG.
The first budget of the new Victorian Labor government sets aside $15 million for the development of 'Service Victoria'.
Coles is conducting an in-home customer trial of Hiku: A device that incorporates voice-recognition capabilities and allows users to add items to an online shopping list.
Despite a 7 per cent increase in operations volumes for ANZ in the first half there was a decline in group-wide operations costs of 3 per cent, the bank's CEO said today.
Hosting provider Rackspace this morning announced it would open up a secondary data centre in Sydney to offer disaster recovery capabilities and geo-redundancy for its clients.
Telco industry organisation Communications Alliance says that a ruling by the Privacy Commissioner that will give a journalist access to so-called 'metadata' associated with his mobile phone service has "disturbing ramifications for the telecommunications sector and for its millions of customers throughout Australia".
- IBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team Leader NSW
- Azure Consultant QLD
- Web Developer SA
- Data Engineer | Real Time Streaming NSW
- Domain Specialist | Multiple Roles VIC
- Network Architect Voice NSW
- Big Data Developer WA
- Skilled Sitecore / .NET Developer NSW
- Service Desk Consultant ACT
- Multiple .Net Developers NSW
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW