Suncorp Group's move to a cloud-driven "optimised platform" to underpin its operations is on track and will deliver a "sustainable competitive advantage well into the future", group CEO Patrick Snowball told an investor day event today.
Stories by Rohan Pearce
Frost & Sullivan is predicting significant adoption of wearable technologies in Australian enterprises from 2017. However, the vast bulk of revenue in the category will be from consumer devices, according to the analyst firm.
ARIN, the organisation that manages Internet IP address allocation for North America, is approaching the end of its supply of IPv4 addresses.
Australian resources company Woodside will use IBM's 'cognitive computing' system Watson to extract historical data from project reports.
Honeywell last week unveiled its Australian-developed 'Command and Control Suite', which employs a touch-based interface to draw together building data from across large facilities, such as hospitals, universities, prisons and industrial refineries, and centralise manage of building systems.
A review into Australia's spectrum management framework has recommended introducing new rules that will increase the opportunities to share and trade spectrum.
Financial services company IOOF has been through a half decade journey involving a major shift in its core superannuation system from a monolithic application to a microservices-based architecture.
The Department of Communications' $18 million contract to adopt ASG's secure government cloud platform "further cements ASG’s foothold in the Federal Government market," the IT services provider said in a statement issued this morning
Bill Shorten has continued spruiking Labor's proposal to beef up software development skills in Australia.
Michel Malone, the founder of Internet service provider iiNet, is slated for a seat on the board of Yatango, the company announced this morning.
Equity crowdfunding platform OurCrowd has broken an Australian record, the company said this morning.
Microsoft last week held its YouthSpark #WeSpeakCode event, which is designed to promote interest in software development among school students. Students from schools across Western Sydney attended a #WeSpeakCode event at UTS on Friday. The event at UTS was launched by Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull.
The Digital Transformation Office is working on a digital mailbox to provide businesses with a single electronic location for government correspondence.
A new report from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission includes figures showing that in 2014 reported financial losses from scams involving hacking more than doubled.
SAP Australia/New Zealand's chief operating officer, John Ruthven, will take over as local president and managing director, the ERP vendor announced today.
- Software Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher Solutions NSW
- Oracle Siebel Administrator - JULY START ACT
- Senior .NET Developer WA
- Tester/Business Analyst WA
- IT Support - Level 1 NSW
- Technical/Solutions Architect NSW
- Front End Developer ACT
- Revalidations Officer ACT
- Contract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013 Asia
- Junior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice Solutions VIC
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!