In its monthly Patch Tuesday round of bug fixes, Microsoft issues 12 bulletins covering 56 vulnerabilities, including four in the company's new Edge browser.
Stories by Joab Jackson
Google has launched "preemptible" virtual machines, which cost less than regular VMs but can be terminated if Google data center traffic gets too busy.
While many are hoping that biometric technologies such as fingerprint readers will one day replace cumbersome passwords, the U.S. National Institute of Technology is looking even further out.
IBM's Internet of Things platform can now work with IoT processors designed by ARM, thanks to a new partnership between the two companies.
The American Civil Liberties Union is taking the NSA back to court over its data collection practices.
The new Microsoft Azure GS-series virtual machines are made for demanding database-driven workloads.
Hewlett-Packard has added machine learning analysis capabilities to its Fortify application testing service, and introduced a new service for checking DNS requests for malware attacks.
While the idea of network virtualization has been around a while, it has not been adopted in the enterprise as quickly as virtualization for servers. Now, VMware, one of the biggest proponents of virtualizing the entire data center, is touting one tangible benefit to the virtual network: better security.
VMworld 2015: VMware touts new technologies for managing containers and live migration of virtual machines
At the VMworld conference in San Francisco, VMware demonstrated how to move a live virtual machine across two different data centers, and showed off its new container management software.
Embarcadero released RAD Studio 10 Seattle, a big upgrade of its rapid application development platform.
VMware has updated its stack of data center virtualization software with capabilities that allow an organization to run an entire data center operation and related cloud services as a single unified entity.
Companies are spending billions on tools and engineering for Big Data-styled analysis, though many are hampered by one little problem: They still don't know what to do with all the data they collect.
Obi Worldphone, a company founded by ex-Apple CEO John Sculley has launched a set of low-cost yet stylish smartphones aimed for emerging wireless markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Yahoo has updated its mobile development suite to give programmers more tools to build out their apps, including the introduction of real-time analytics, a way to embed advertisements, and connectivity to Tumblr.
Google has made it official. It is now offering the Google Container Service as a commercial service, allowing customers run full micro-services architecture on the Google Cloud
- Software Developers ACT
- MS SCOM Administrator VIC
- NV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projects ACT
- Senior Java Developer / Technical Lead ACT
- Implementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIB NSW
- Technical Writer ACT
- Contract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmt Asia
- Revalidations Officer ACT
- Senior Network Engineer - Technical Lead ACT
- Technical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing) NSW
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today