The Australian Government Information Office (AGIMO) has reported a healthy level of open source software (OSS) use within government agencies during the past year.
Stories by Tim Lohman
National Australia Bank (NAB) chief executive, Cameron Clyne, has sought to reassure shareholders that the benefits of the company’s Next Generation IT Platform (NGP) will come.
IT departments should look to BYO device contracts with company employees as the means for balancing the needs and desires of end users with the requirements of the organisation to manage risk and control cost.
New Zealand Telecom (ASX: TEL) shareholders have overwhelmingly voted in favour of demerging its infrastructure business Chorus to allow the company to participate in the country’s Ultra-fast Broadband Network (UFB) project.
Vodafone is to roll out a new customer service system to help capture the increasing number of social media communications the telco is experiencing with its customer base.
While offering neither fixed line calls or fixed broadband services, Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA) believes the National Broadband Network (NBN) will still deliver the telco an increase in business.
The NSW government is calling on the ICT industry to help shape the recent Digital Economy Action Plan through detailed comment and formal submissions on the plan and its terms of reference.
Woolworths has launched its shopping app for Android, following strong demand from its iOS cousin.
An "infinite" demand for Australia’s supercomputing resources could threaten the quality of climate change science if more high performance computing isn’t found, a leading academic in the field has warned.
The rapid convergence of communications and media has caused a meltdown in the effectiveness of existing regulatory arrangements, according to the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA).
The Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) is set to roll out a new Personnel Management System, allowing the commission to centrally manage and provide more consistent staff pay.
The federal Attorney-General's Department (AGD) is to drop its TRIM-based records management system and move to one which integrates with the agency’s new Microsoft SharePoint environment.
The acquisition of Canon’s print services group has helped IT services company CSG (ASX: CSV) record solid increases in revenue and profit for the year to 30 June 2011.
Fans of Top Gear can now watch episodes of the BBC car show via Facebook thanks to a new video-on-demand application developed by the public broadcaster.
Opposition communications minister, Malcolm Turnbull, has warned that a special access undertaking (SAU) lodged with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) could see National Broadband Network (NBN) prices rise dramatically in future years.
- System Engineer - Server Migration experience NSW
- Contract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626 Asia
- Pega Operation Engineer - CEP NSW
- Software Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher Solutions NSW
- Application System Engineer ACT
- Contract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985 Asia
- Service Desk Anaylst NSW
- Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432 Asia
- Data Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark) NSW
- Solution Architect ACT
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today