Google has added to the growing number of voices arguing that Australia’s current classification system is unworkable in today’s converged environment.
Stories by Tim Lohman
Federal Minister for Home Affairs, Brendan O'Connor, has sought to distance the government’s push for an R18+ classification for video games from the mass violence in Norwayat the weekend.
Victoria State Emergency Service (VICSES) is to move to hosted IT infrastructure and communication services to enable it to better respond to rapidly changing needs during natural disasters and other emergency situations.
Pirate Party Australia (PPA) has called for a wholesale overhaul of Australia’s “fundamentally broken” classification system.
NextDC (ASX: NXT) has announced it is to open new data centres in Canberra and Perth as part of a push to develop a national Cloud computing footprint.
TPG (ASX: TPM) has announced it is to acquire IntraPower (ASX:IPX) in an off market takeover deal worth some $12.8 million.
The Australian Government Information Management Offfice (AGIMO) has appointed Fujitsu, Telstra and Transact to its newly concluded telco services panel.
Tenix Solutions IMES and Oakton have come to an agreement over an outstanding contract dispute — stretching back almost a year and a half — with Tenix today paying Oakton a $15 million settlement.
Swinburne University of Technology has moved ahead with its plans for the rollout of a hybrid CPU- and GPU-based supercomputer, signing Silicon Graphics to provide the first phase of the project.
The NSW Government has sought to lay claim to being Australia’s leading ICT state with the launch of a new ICT Governance framework.
Vodafone has announced it has wrapped up a three month network upgrade project involving the installation of new mobile equipment at 49 sites across Newcastle, parts of the Central Coast, and the Hunter.
Listed telecommunications provider M2 Telecommunications (ASX: MTU has connected its first customer to the National Broadband Network (NBN Co).
Telstra has announced it is to axe its BigPond Movies DVD rental business in September.
The State Library of Queensland is to launch a virtual tour application in response to growing demand from school students and educators for a deeper learning experience.
The rollout of automated border processing technology, or SmartGates, to all of Australia’s international airports has been completed following the deployment of the technology at Darwin International Airport.
- Front End Developer ACT
- DevOps Software Configuration Manager ACT
- Systems Engineer - NV2 ACT
- Permanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditions ACT
- Solution Architect ACT
- Security Consultant - Telecommunications and Networks SA
- Solution Architect NSW
- Implementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIB NSW
- Senior Developer - .Net, MVC, C# NSW
- Data Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQL NSW
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.