Windows is full of niggling little irritations. These tools fix them.
Stories by Ian Paul
One of the last major tech expos of the year just took place in Taiwan, and with it came a flood of major PC news as manufacturers rush to prepare for Windows 10 and the crucial holiday shopping season.
From 7-in-1s to table-size AIOs, they're anything but conventional.
Staying safe these digital days takes more than antivirus. Here are 10 fundamental things you do to protect your PC and other devices.
The year's only halfway done, but hackers have already filled enough headlines to last a decade.
Behold your high-tech future
For all the talk about the advantages of Windows 8 over Windows 7—for example, account sync, better multiple monitor support, and faster startup times—some people just can't get past Windows 8's radical shift in user interface. Some may even want to ditch Windows 8 altogether in favor of Windows 7 after spending a few days with the new OS.
Microsoft's Windows 8 launch on October 26 is nearly here, and new device announcements are coming so fast you need a scorecard to keep up. One of the big themes with this touch-centric Windows release is touchscreens on everything including Ultrabooks, tablets with keyboard docks, or new all-in-one convertible PCs. Some critics aren't buying the hybrid device craze that Windows 8 is inspiring, but if you ever wanted to a touch-enabled laptop, there's never been a better time to buy.
Web services are quickly replacing desktop programs for routine tasks such as image editing, spreadsheet creation and more. Here are 20 such services that we think are worth your time.
We pinpoint the Cloud storage services with the best attributes for accomplishing specific tasks, and offer advice on how to use the Cloud most effectively.
Microsoft reportedly has a plan to avoid consumer confusion about the differences between Windows 8 tablets based on ARM and x86/x64 chips: Allow very few ARM-based tablets onto store shelves.
Is Microsoft headed for disaster later this year when Windows 8 debuts on tablet devices some of which will not be able to run Windows 7 desktop apps, despite supporting an optional desktop interface? That's what some critics are wondering after looking at another reportedly successful launch of Apple's latest iPad and the comparatively lackluster popularity of competing slates such as the BlackBerry PlayBook, and a host of Android-based devices.
A Mozilla engineer says development of a touch-centric version of Firefox for Windows 8 has begun in earnest and also highlighted a few interesting details about Web browsing in Windows 8.
Google's Android Market is nipping at the heels of Apple's iOS App Store in terms of number of offerings.
If you really want to protect your data, there's only one way to do it: jailbreak your iPhone.
- ICT Fleet and Equipment Audit Resources SA
- Senior Systems Analyst SA
- Senior Service Desk Manager NSW
- Service Desk Consultant ACT
- Multiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer Opportunities VIC
- Technical Writer ACT
- Contract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568 Asia
- Junior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice Solutions VIC
- Deployment Engineer / IT Auditor QLD
- Sr. Net Developer VIC
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today