Toyota and Volkswagen are the latest automakers to forge alliances with ride-hailing companies, deals that could see the car makers not only sell cars to drivers of the app companies but also develop jointly on-demand mobility technologies.
Stories by John Ribeiro
Have you ever been turned off by the lengthy “terms and conditions” and privacy policies of mobile apps and other online services?
Facebook on Monday once again denied any evidence of ‘systematic political bias’ in the selection or prominence of stories included in its Trending Topics feature, but promised changes in its processes in any case to minimize errors of human judgment by individuals, who appear to be closely involved in selecting the stories.
The National Telecommunications & Information Administration released Thursday a list of voluntary privacy best practices for commercial and non-commercial drone users, in the wake of concerns that drones could encroach on individual privacy and open a new front in the collection of personal data for commercial use.
Continuing his bid to woo Indian customers and developers, Apple’s CEO Tim Cook on Thursday said the company was setting up a new development center for its Maps product in Hyderabad in south India.
Apple's CEO Tim Cook is on his first visit to India, a market where the company's revenue has grown but its market share is still very small because of price-sensitive consumers. Here are 5 things Cook will be aiming for in India, which it sees as a potentially high growth market.
In a bid to win over more Indian developers, Apple on Wednesday announced it would set up by early next year a facility to help developers on best practices and improve the design, quality and performance of their apps on the iOS platform.
The U.S. has warned of fragmentation of the Internet if China goes ahead with proposed rules that would require compulsory registration of Internet domain names in China with government-licensed providers.
Apple, however, faces a number of challenges in China, including regulatory.
Google aims to make HTML5 the primary experience in Chrome by the fourth quarter of this year, except for a white-list of 10 sites that will run Adobe’s Flash Player.
Apple has invested US$1 billion in China's largest ride-hailing company, which is already backed by big local players like Tencent and Alibaba.
Lyft has agreed to pay US$27 million to settle a dispute with drivers in California, under pressure from the judge who found the earlier proposed payment of $12.25 million was too small.
Mozilla has asked a court that it should be provided information on a vulnerability in the Tor browser ahead of it being provided to a defendant in a lawsuit, as the browser is based in part on Firefox browser code.
A hacker with alleged connections to members of the Syrian Electronic Army appeared in a Virginia court Tuesday to face charges of participating in an extortion scheme that threatened victims to delete or sell data from compromised computers.
Cloud software company Salesforce.com was having an outage in some locations on Tuesday, prompting the company’s CEO to apologize to users on Twitter.
- Network Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!! NSW
- Multiple .Net Developers NSW
- Messaging Engineer - BAU Support NSW
- Contract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmt Asia
- Technical/Solutions Architect NSW
- Security Consultant - Telecommunications and Networks SA
- Tester Analyst - learn on the job! ACT
- TIBCO Integration Consultant VIC
- Senior DevOps Engineer ACT
- Senior Full-Stack .NET Developer VIC
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW