Up to 12 banks have reportedly launched investigations into potential security breaches on their networks after hackers stole $81 million from the Bangladesh central bank earlier this year.
Stories by Lucian Constantin
A Romanian hacker known online as Guccifer pleaded guilty to hacking into 100 email and social media accounts belonging to American citizens, including former high-ranking government officials.
The explosion of new generic top-level domains (gTLDs) in recent years can put enterprise computers at risk due to name conflicts between internal domain names used inside corporate networks and domains that can now be registered on the public Internet.
A new ransomware program called DMA Locker has reached maturity and shows signs of being distributed in widespread attacks.
It took hackers less than two weeks to integrate a recently patched Flash Player exploit into widely used Web-based attack tools that are used to infect computers with malware.
Routers and other wireless devices made by Ubiquiti Networks have been infected by a worm that exploits a one-year-old remote unauthorized access vulnerability.
Cisco Systems has fixed four denial-of-service vulnerabilities that attackers could exploit to cause Web Security Appliance devices to stop processing traffic correctly.
Victims of the widespread TeslaCrypt ransomware can now decrypt files affected by recent versions of the malicious program.
A hacker is trying to sell a database dump containing account records for 167 million LinkedIn users.
Security researchers have found a new version of a malware program called Skimer that's designed to infect Windows-based ATMs and can be used to steal money and payment card details.
The antivirus engine used in multiple Symantec products had an easy to exploit vulnerability that could have allowed hackers to easily compromise computers.
Over the past two years, a group of cybercriminals has infected almost 1 million computers with malware that hijacks search results, even when they're served over encrypted HTTPS connections.
Researchers from Kaspersky Lab have developed a method of decrypting files affected with the latest version of CryptXXX, a malware program that combines ransomware and information stealing capabilities.
The Petya ransomware now bundles a second file-encrypting program for cases where it cannot replace a computer's master boot record to encrypt its file table.
Adobe Systems has released a security update for Flash Player in order to fix a publicly known vulnerability, as well as 24 privately reported security flaws.
- Contract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251 Asia
- Technical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MX NSW
- Contract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254 Asia
- Senior Developer (.Net) SA
- Service Desk Consultant ACT
- Service Desk analyst SA
- Senior Service Desk Manager NSW
- Network Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ ACT
- Mid-Level Full-Stack Java Developer VIC
- Senior Programmer (Data Engineering) NSW
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.