“The most personal device we’ve ever created.” – Tim Cook, Apple CEO
Stories by John Cox
Speculation is soaring that Apple's expected unveiling of iPhone 6 on Sept. 9 will also include some kind of mobile payments system, often dubbed "iWallet." The basic idea is to let consumers use their iPhone in place of cash or physical credit, debit, and various kinds of prepaid cards.
The iOSphere became still more convinced that mobile payments via iPhone are just days away with the expected Sept. 9 unveiling of iPhone 6.
For over a year, the main obsession about the upcoming 2014 iPhone models (i.e. iPhone 6) has been the size and resolution of the screen. But Apple faces other challenges for its mobile touchscreens, and how, or whether, it deals with those may have a bigger impact on the user experience than simply a bigger screen.
Apple Thursday mailed formal invitations to a media event on September 9, to be held at the Flint Center, in Cupertino at 10 a.m. Pacific time.
Apple has launched a battery replacement program for a "very small percentage" of iPhone 5 units. But that could mean hundreds of thousands of phones.
iPhone 6 rumors swarmed as iOSpherians count down the days and hours until the expected, but not confirmed, Sept. 9 announcement. Panic ensues.
The iOSphere is more and more certain it knows the details of the Apple iPhone 6, even though there is less and less to go on.
It may be that the world will end September 9, or at least the World-as-we-know-it-without-the-iPhone-6. That's The Date the new iPhone(s) will be announced, according to one unsourced declaration.
Apple will be announcing...something on Sept. 9, according to the technology news site, re/code.net. But if re/code knows what it is, it is not saying.
Whether Apple can deliver the iPhone 6 with super-tough synthetic sapphire displays is still very much up in the air, according to a press release from a research firm that tracks the materials industry. Unspecified "bottlenecks at various levels" of the sapphire production process mean that Apple may limit this year's introduction of sapphire iPhone displays or possibly even scrap the plan.
An explosion Saturday at a Chinese factory that electroplates aluminum wheel hubs will almost certainly not cause a delay for Apple's iPhone 6, despite anguished speculation on a range of news, technology and Apple-focused websites.
Just in time for trick or treat 2014, the iPhone 6 actually will be available in October, a somewhat skeptical iOSphere learned this week. Because it will be announced nearly a full month earlier, in September, we can just savor the pending release over the subsequent weeks.
BlackBerry has always touted its mobile devices as secure. But now it plans to make them "more secure" by acquiring a German company that specializes in voice encryption.
A new survey of IT security professionals shows that many businesses are barely starting to exploit mobile technology, and some of them may be a mobile security nightmare waiting to happen.
- PHP / Magento E-Commerce Developer NSW
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) IT Support WA
- Full Stack Developer - Angular NSW
- IT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884 Asia
- Domain Specialist | Multiple Roles VIC
- Web Developer ACT
- Sr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution Bckg NSW
- Contract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253 Asia
- Revalidations Officer ACT
- Network Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 support NSW
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!