From an IBM Series/1 and floppy drives to COBOL and Assembly languages, old federal systems never die.
Stories by Michael Cooney
Specifically the ITC granted full review of the three patents that Arista is allegedly infringing under the initial determination issued by the presiding judge on Feb 2. In February, the ITC made an initial determination that Arista infringed on three Cisco patents in its switches -- patents associated with a central database for managing configuration data (SysDB) and private VLANs.
Access control is a complicated technology that’s key to strong security.
The FTC’s PrivacyCon will include brief privacy and security research presentations, along with expert panel discussions on the latest privacy and security challenges facing consumers. Whitehat researchers and academics will discuss the latest security vulnerabilities, explain how they can be exploited to harm consumers, and highlight research affecting consumer privacy and data security.
DARPA says the Aircrew Labor In-Cockpit Automation System or ALIAS program, which was announced in 2014 envisions a tailorable, drop-in, removable software kit that allows the addition of high levels of automation into existing aircraft. “Specifically, ALIAS intends to control sufficient features to enable management of all flight activities, including failure of aircraft systems, and permit an operator to act as a monitor with the ability to intervene, allowing the operator to focus on higher level mission objectives,” DARPA stated.
The DARPA program, called Extreme DDoS Defense (XD3) looks to :
• thwart DDoS attacks by dispersing cyber assets (physically and/or logically) to complicate adversarial targeting
• disguise the characteristics and behaviors of those assets to confuse or deceive the adversary
• blunt the effects of attacks that succeed in penetrating other defensive measures by using adaptive mitigation techniques on endpoints such as mission‐critical servers.
DARPA said its s requesting industry feedback on what it called the extreme challenge problems in optics and imaging.
“For the purposes of this RFI, extreme challenges encompass systems, components, devices, processing schemes, or design/optimization tools that drastically outperform the current state of the art, and expand the limits of what is typically deemed possible using conventional design methodologies. Responses should completely alter the current design paradigm of a given extreme challenge, and pave the way for fundamentally unique solutions; incremental, evolutionary advances are not of interest.”
DARPA this week announced a new program called Circuit Realization At Faster Timescales (CRAFT) that looks to radically alter and shorten the design cycle for custom integrated circuits by a factor of 10. It takes on the order of 2.5 years to design and fabricate a custom integrated circuit design for DoD. DARPA wants to see the CRAFT program get that development down to the neighborhood of 30 weeks.
We’re talking Pluto, Earth 2.0, Brain algorithms, software coding and tons more.
From satellite swarms to interstellar subs NASA is advancing transformative aerospace projects.
From unmanned aircraft swarms to space systems, drones are hot.
IBM today took cybersecurity threat sharing to a new level it opened its vast library of security intelligence data to public or private entities building defenses against cybercrimes.
Many have taken the plunge outside the their spacecraft to fix problems, make adjustments and even hit a golf ball. Take a look at some of the milestones of spacewalking.
Major weaknesses in mobile application development make enterprise data vulnerable to attack.
Few areas of the enterprise are as ripe for change as the wide area network. And there are plenty of technologies -- from hybrid WAN services and software defined networking to better management tools -- lining up to push such a makeover closer to reality.
- Test Analyst / Test Lead NSW
- Contract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253 Asia
- Software Developers ACT
- Web & Mobile Solutions Developer NSW
- Technical/Solutions Architect NSW
- Access Control Administration / Help desk Operator ACT
- Technical Writer ACT
- Skilled Sitecore / .NET Developer NSW
- Technical Writer NSW
- Contract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263 Asia
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW