Ericsson and SAP will jointly market and sell cloud-based, machine-to-machine (M2M) products and services to enterprises via operators around the globe.
Stories by Mikael Ricknäs
Mobile operators are hoping to make it easier for developers to integrate network-based features with their applications using a new platform called OneAPI Exchange.
Nokia has expanded its Lumia portfolio with the 520 and 720. The Lumia 520 is the company's cheapest Windows phone to date at €139 (US$184), and comes as the company is under pressure to increase sales volumes.
Mozilla previewed the first commercial build of its Firefox OS and announced several operator and smartphone rollout plans on Sunday at Mobile World Congress.
Samsung Electronics has introduced the Android-based HomeSync media center, which can be used to watch movies, play games and also provide private and shared storage.
Huawei Technologies has expanded its device portfolio with the LTE-equipped Ascend P2 as the company hopes to climb upwards in the smartphone market.
Alcatel-Lucent's board has appointed Michel Combes as the company's new Chief Executive Officer, following Ben Verwaayen's recent resignation.
Orange has announced the addition of three smartphones to its device range, including its first LTE smartphone, the Lumo.
ZTE smartphones based on Firefox OS along with Nokia's new Windows Phone-based devices will share the spotlight at this year's Mobile World Congress with next-generation network technologies that offer higher download speeds and help operators combat growing volumes of data.
LG Electronics has launched the Optimus F5 and Optimus F7 smartphones, which will bring LTE to a "mass audience."
International roaming between carriers' Wi-Fi networks has come a step closer, with AT&T, Boingo Wireless, NTT DoCoMo and Orange completing network assessments as part of the Wireless Broadband Alliance's new interoperability program.
ST-Ericsson has cranked its forthcoming smartphone processor up to 3GHz. The quad-core NovaThor L8580 will include a PowerVR graphics processor and an LTE modem with support VoLTE (Voice over LTE) and next-generation LTE technology carrier aggregation.
Canonical has introduced the Ubuntu tablet interface, which will compete with Android, iOS and Windows with its own take on multitasking and advanced security features. The launch is the next step in Canonical's quest to unify phones, tablets, PCs and TVs.
Amazon Web Services has introduced OpsWorks, a cloud-based platform powered by the Chef framework, which will give enterprises more integrated tools for managing the complete application life cycle.
Chipmaker LSI is taking ARM-based processors to new frontiers with its upcoming AXM5500 family, which will be used in mobile base stations of all sizes.
- Security Software Engineer ACT
- Linux System Engineers NSW
- Senior Network Engineer - Technical Lead ACT
- Contract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013 Asia
- Senior Developer (Full stack) SA
- Web & Mobile Solutions Developer NSW
- Contract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568 Asia
- Contract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506 Asia
- Web Developer SA
- Security Consultant - Telecommunications and Networks SA
- NEW Gigamon Transform Security Zone - Find out more now!
- F5 Security Hub NEW Look - Try us out today
- APJ businesses think they will be breached: Here's why: Read the article NOW
- Hear from those who have been there, done it and transformed their business for the better with AWS Cloud. View their stories and other informative AWS sessions On-Demand.
- Help us better understand the trends and major practices related to technology use in STEM education. Take this two minute survey NOW.