Probably the most interesting thing to come out of Malcolm Turnbull’s speech at the National Press Club yesterday was the idea that the coalition, given the opportunity, would separate Telstra and transfer the wholesale assets to a new “Network Co”. At TechWorld we posed a similar idea, but we can’t help but ask, is it workable?
Amid all the political furore surrounding the resignation of NBN Co’s construction manager, I, like many people, can only hope we get some cabling laid sooner rather than later.
Was I wrong about the NBN Co building up bureaucracy and broadband? What’s $200M between tax payers and government departments? Where's the broadband? Should we even bother asking questions?
A chorus of complaints has started to surface from established telcos that the NBN Co will be in a monopoly position for residential (and some business) fixed line access. Hang on a minute, wasn’t that known from the start?
The events in federal parliament over the past few weeks may have given the green light to the NBN, but the project continues to attract a barrage of criticism from politicians and the media. The best thing the government can do now is tone down the rhetoric and make it work is a sensible way – business case and all.
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Cyber Attacks are painful and destructive. It’s essential to defend your business with a powerful protection system. In this whitepaper, you’ll learn how to get cyber resilient and safeguard your data: • Find out which questions you should ask to find a security solution that works with your business • Understand why your business is a bigger target than you thought • Learn how to protect your brand and bottom line by quickly detecting and responding to attacks
- FCC: A range of net neutrality options remain on the table
- iOS 8 app crash rate falls 25% since release
- Pirate Bay co-founder sentenced to 3.5 years imprisonment in Denmark
- Google to kill off SSL 3.0 in Chrome 40
- BlackBerry upgrades BBM with timed messages
- NASA puts finishing touches on its first Mars-bound spacecraft
- Facebook sets up shop on the Tor anonymity network
- Sharp smartband LCD uses 1,000 times less power
- HP's move into 3D printing will radically change manufacturing
- Hungary ditches Internet tax plans after protests
- Sony's new mobile chief has hands full as handsets struggle
- IBM joins Tencent to target China's growing enterprise cloud market
- Samsung attacks Chinese rivals with new mid-range Galaxy phones
- FCC's Wheeler said to mull hybrid approach to net neutrality
- Some Aussie businesses using DevOps to improve customer engagement and reduce IT spend: report