Probably the most interesting thing to come out of Malcolm Turnbull’s speech at the National Press Club yesterday was the idea that the coalition, given the opportunity, would separate Telstra and transfer the wholesale assets to a new “Network Co”. At TechWorld we posed a similar idea, but we can’t help but ask, is it workable?
Was I wrong about the NBN Co building up bureaucracy and broadband? What’s $200M between tax payers and government departments? Where's the broadband? Should we even bother asking questions?
Word is spreading that Telstra is set to announce an exclusive distribution agreement for the HTC HD7 Windows Phone 7 smartphone. It’s another one for Tesltra’s slow-growing high-end smartphone stable.
A chorus of complaints has started to surface from established telcos that the NBN Co will be in a monopoly position for residential (and some business) fixed line access. Hang on a minute, wasn’t that known from the start?
When Canadian food distributor George Weston Limited moved to Microsoft Office 365, it chose F5 Application Delivery Controllers to centrally manage user traffic to its Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) servers.
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- Staples says hack may have compromised 1 million-plus payment cards
- Judge questions evidence on whether NSA spying is too broad
- Twitter parody of North Korea's mouthpiece not afraid to crow over Sony's capitulation
- Three ways enterprise software is changing
- Google may launch Android Auto, making your car a big mobile device
- After FBI blames North Korea for Sony attack, now what?
- T-Mobile to pay $90M for unauthorized charges on customers' bills
- Buckle up IT: The enterprise needs you for cloud adoption
- Companies battle for control of Italy's national fiber network
- Obama promises response on Sony hack, says pulling movie was mistake
- Microsoft hits Windows tech support scammers with lawsuit
- Trojan program based on ZeuS targets 150 banks, can hijack webcams
- In 2015, EU aims to sweep away old rules on data protection and copyright
- FBI concludes North Korea 'responsible' for Sony hack
- What we know about North Korea's cyberarmy