Probably the most interesting thing to come out of Malcolm Turnbull’s speech at the National Press Club yesterday was the idea that the coalition, given the opportunity, would separate Telstra and transfer the wholesale assets to a new “Network Co”. At TechWorld we posed a similar idea, but we can’t help but ask, is it workable?
Was I wrong about the NBN Co building up bureaucracy and broadband? What’s $200M between tax payers and government departments? Where's the broadband? Should we even bother asking questions?
Word is spreading that Telstra is set to announce an exclusive distribution agreement for the HTC HD7 Windows Phone 7 smartphone. It’s another one for Tesltra’s slow-growing high-end smartphone stable.
A chorus of complaints has started to surface from established telcos that the NBN Co will be in a monopoly position for residential (and some business) fixed line access. Hang on a minute, wasn’t that known from the start?
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Migrating services to an IaaS provider and reaping the benefits of the cloud can be painless for employees and customers alike – but you need a migration solution that doesn’t introduces complexities or poor user experience – otherwise it can be painful. •Learn the key to delivering on a hybrid architecture: the creation of a consistent and simple-to-consume environment •Understand how hybrid cloud solutions automate and orchestrate the deployment of application services across both traditional and cloud infrastructures •Decide which applications are better for public or private IaaS providers
- Compliance with PCI DSS standards needs improvement: Dell
- IPv4 address exhaustion approaches in US
- ING Direct unveils Apple Watch app
- Woodside engineers to use IBM's Watson platform
- Technology One records half year revenue of $90m
- Charter reportedly close to US$55 billion deal for Time Warner Cable
- Attackers use email spam to infect point-of-sale terminals with new malware
- Large scale attack hijacks routers through users' browsers
- Sharp phone cameras play slow-motion video at 2,100 fps
- DHS data centre consolidation almost completed
- Amazon.com may be working on Etsy competitor
- BlackBerry cutting staff in smartphone unit
- In Pictures: The 8 things we’re looking for at Google I/O 2015
- In Pictures: Hot stuff - The coolest drones
- Hacked Adult Friend Finder database offered for $17,000