A lot of the open source projects I really dig are things like Syllable OS, a non-Linux-based attempt to create a 'best practices' open source desktop operating system, and Uzebox, a really cool 'retro-minimalist' games console based on open source hardware.
The Open Search Server project has released a new developer preview, including a new screenshot feature that captures screenshots of the Web pages being crawled, similar to the preview feature of a big name public search engine.
New attack types combine known and unknown threats to exploit “unknown” vulnerabilities. Attackers are also hiding malware inside documents, websites, hosts and networks. These attacks have many purposes such as financial and ideological motives. They focus on stealing data, sabotaging business continuity, or damaging a company’s reputation.
- Zero Touch Provisioning can help the network world catch up to server advances
- Amid blow-out quarter, Apple barely mentions Mac sales
- Big Switch updates SDN controller options
- Canadian agency reported to be monitoring millions of downloads
- Good wants to manage your smartphones for $3 a month, per user
- Blackphone super-secure communications app had serious flaw
- Alibaba clashes with Chinese regulator over online sales of fake goods
- Rooting your Android device: A guide for the accident-prone
- Cisco integration gives Samsung Knox users more options for secure connectivity
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, January 28
- France wants to hold social media networks accountable for hate speech
- MediaHub prepares for 10 petabyte future
- Androids will greet guests at Japanese smart hotel
- Fletcher mulls reverse auctions for broadcast spectrum