You know how it goes. You're out of the office for a few days and come back to find HP has acknowledged its grand hopes for webOS have come to naught and there's a lightsaber on your desk.
Finnish blogger and mobile Linux developer Henri Bergius has written a nice summary of what MeeGo is and how it’s not just a Linux-based OS, but an entire ecosystem. It makes me wonder how long it will be before a large handset or tablet maker will start shipping it in big numbers.
Okay, so you don’t need to be distinguished research analyst to figure that this year tablet PCs are going to be all the rage.
Security 101: Industry experts have long debated which is a better defense mechanism in defending against Internet based attacks: a web application firewall (WAF) or an intrusion detection or prevention system (IDS/IPS),we define the differences. Read More
- Some SAP users remain unhappy with pricier Enterprise Support
- Twitter reports a rise in government data requests
- Report: CIA improperly accessed Senate computers
- HP gives OpenVMS new life
- French carrier Iliad offers to buy T-Mobile US
- CISOs still struggle for respect from peers
- PHP gets a formal specification, at last
- University researchers develop glasses-free display
- Qi wireless charging spec gets more flexibility with distance extension
- SAP ties up with Apigee for API management
- Oracle buys TOA Technologies in strike against Salesforce.com
- Tor hints at possible U.S. government involvement in recent attack
- 25G driving Ethernet switch market to $25B
- Great privacy essay: Fourth Amendment Doctrine in the Era of Total Surveillance
- IBM buys access control and identity management firm CrossIdeas