Toying with TechWorld tag RSS feeds
The TechWorld dev team has added RSS feeds for all tags on the site. A “tag” is simply a quick way to classify and article in addition to the formal section-category structure.
Example TechWorld tags are: Cloud computing, firefox, malware, Microsoft, Linux, etc. You get the idea.
The really cool thing with tags is they can be used to watch a topic for a new article via your favourite RSS reader.
In any TechWorld article, scroll down to below the comment submission form and look for the RSS icon. These icons are links to the tags' RSS feeds.
If you click on one with Firefox you'll be asked to add the feed to your browser's “live bookmarks”.
So if you're interested in Windows Mobile, add that tag's RSS feed to your browser or feed reader. The URL format is like:
Where “tagname” the name of the actual tag. Real examples are:
For a list of all the articles as a regular Web page, simply use the same URL, but remove the "/rss" part.
Have a play with tag RSS feeds and let us know what you think.
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
In July 2013, VCE commissioned Forrester Consulting to conduct a Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) study and examine the potential return on investment (ROI) enterprises may realize by re-platforming SAP on VCE™ through factory-integrated systems called VblockTM Systems. The purpose of this study is to provide readers with a framework to evaluate the potential financial impact on their organization of implementing a VCE converged infrastructure solution for SAP.
- Sharp smartband LCD uses 1,000 times less power
- HP's move into 3D printing will radically change manufacturing
- Hungary ditches Internet tax plans after protests
- Sony's new mobile chief has hands full as handsets struggle
- IBM joins Tencent to target China's growing enterprise cloud market
- Samsung attacks Chinese rivals with new mid-range Galaxy phones
- FCC's Wheeler said to mull hybrid approach to net neutrality
- Some Aussie businesses using DevOps to improve customer engagement and reduce IT spend: report
- The Google shakeup continues: Andy Rubin is out
- Google project aims to preserve privacy when collecting software stats
- Major banks ready their own mobile payment apps
- Android creator Andy Rubin leaving Google
- Data retention is necessary red tape: Turnbull
- Zuckerberg to connect with regular folk in first 'community Q&A'
- In Pictures: 12 shocking social media horror stories