Recruiter seeks developers for Amazon video-on-demand team
So what is Amazon up to now?
Evidently, a representative from recruitment firm Lab 8 Ventures has been trawling LinkedIn for Australian developers, trying to drum up interest in a meeting with members of Amazon's video-on-demand engineering team in the first week of October.
The meeting, which is targeted at senior software engineers and leaders, is about a job based in Seattle (where Amazon has its headquarters). The position "is a full time/permanent opportunity and the relocation, benefits and compensation package is extremely impressive", according to the recruiter's LinkedIn message.
According to the message, Lab 8 Ventures is "partnering with Amazon to help them build the team that is responsible for creating the next generation of industry disruptors which will make a massive shift in digital media.
"Video is the next big movement, and Amazon is revolutionizing not only the ability to watch any video across any device, but also how movies are being made in the industry. At the heart of this movement is Amazon's Video On Demand engineering team which is comprised of 6-8 small, agile teams working on issues around scalability, performance, security, UI development, quality, mobile, data analytics, all at Amazon scale.
"This is Amazon's next bold bet, and we think this could be a fantastic opportunity for you, and that comes along only once in a lifetime."
We've contacted Amazon to see if we can find out more (and to confirm that the recruiter is actually working for them!) Drop me a line at rohan_pearce at idg.com.au if you have the inside scoop (or, you know, some general tech gossip). Or follow me on Twitter at @rohan_p if you want to see me post pictures of an aging Palm Pilot and tweets about cats.
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.