LPIC-1 Linux Professional Institute Certification Study Guide
Here's the book you need to prepare for the LPI Level 1 exams from Linux Professional Institute. This study guide was developed to meet the exacting requirements of today's certification candidates, and has been reviewed and designated as LPI Approved Training Material. In addition to the consistent and accessible instructional approach that readers have come to expect from Sybex, this book provides:
* Clear and concise information on Linux technologies and topics
* Practical examples and insights drawn from real-world experience
* Coverage of key topics such as security, the boot process and scripts, and kernel maintenance tools
* Linux compatible exam preparation software, including a testing engine and electronic flashcards for your Palm
You'll find authoritative coverage of key exam topics including:
* Linux command line tools
* Using regular expressions
* Managing shared libraries
* Configuring hardware
* Designing a hard disk layout
* Creating partitions and file systems
* Configuring X Window system
* Managing GUI logins
* Customizing a desktop environment
* Creating a custom kernel
* Managing the shell environment
* Configuring a boot loader
* Managing servers
* Configuring Samba
Roderick W. Smith, LPIC-1 is a Linux networking expert and the author of several books, including the Linux+ Study Guide, also from Sybex.
Table of Contents
Part I. The LPI 101 Exam (106 Weights)
Chapter 1. Linux Command-Line Tools.
Chapter 2. Managing Software.
Chapter 3. Configuring Hardware.
Chapter 4. Manageing Files and Filesystems.
Chapter 5. The X Window System.
Part II. The LPI 102 Exam (99 Weights).
Chapter 6. The Boot Process and Scripts.
Chapter 7. Documentation and Security.
Chapter 8. Administering the System.
Chapter 9. Basic Networking.
Chapter 10. Managing Servers.