Microsoft Works Suite 2000 is a versatile collection of software that can help you carry out a wide range of word processing and number crunching functions for which you rely on your PC. Equally useful is Microsoft Works Suite 2000 For Dummies, a book that not only helps you complete those functions but also helps you master the tools as well. From Windows basics to using the various components of the Works suite in tandem, this book is thorough in its coverage of the following:
* All kinds of data management with spreadsheet and database programs
* Word processing basics, such as composing and editing a document, to advanced features, such as incorporating tables, borders, headers, graphics, and footnotes in your works
* Microsoft Money, which can help you track your income and expenses, create and stick to a budget, print checks, and calculate your taxes
* Making the most of the Internet, from logging on with Internet Explorer to managing e-mail and downloading tons of free stuff from the Web
* Microsoft's virtually limitless collection of encyclopedia entries in Encarta
* Microsoft Home Publishing, a tool that enables you to create, print, and electronically send greeting cards, posters, banners, and other colorful projects
David Kay owns and operates BrightLeaf Communications. He is the author or coauthor of many computer books, including WordPerfect(r) 9 For Windows(r) For Dummies(r).
Table of Contents
PART I: Crunching Numbers, Organizing Information.
Chapter 1: Starting Your Suite Programs.
Chapter 2: Spreading Your First Sheets.
Chapter 3: Making Calculations.
Chapter 4: Formatting and Printing Your Spreadsheets.
Chapter 5: Creating Charts from Spreadsheets.
Chapter 6: Organizing Your Data with a Database.
Chapter 7: Getting Answers from Your Database.
Chapter 8: Works Wizardry for Popular Tasks.
Chapter 9: Dating Yourself by Using Microsoft Calendar.
PART II: Putting Words in Word.
Chapter 10: Creating and Editing a Document.
Chapter 11: Controlling Appearances and Printing.
Chapter 12: Dressing Up Your Document and Sending It Out.
Chapter 13: Adding Graphics, Charts, and Sidebars.
PART III: Learning to Love Money.
Chapter 14: Setting Up Banking and Checking Accounts.
Chapter 15: Doing Banking and Checking Transactions.
Chapter 16: Budgeting, Reporting, and Analyzing.
Chapter 17: Investing with Money.
PART IV: 'Netting Ventured, 'Netting Gained.
Chapter 18: Gearing Up for the Internet.
Chapter 19: Exploring with Internet Explorer.
Chapter 20: Reaching Out with Outlook Express.
PART V: Entertaining Enlightenment.
Chapter 21: Encyclopedic Enlightenment: Encarta.
Chapter 22: Entertaining Your Creativity.
Chapter 23: Geographic Enlightenment: Expedia Streets & Trips 2000.
PART VI: The Part of Tens.
Chapter 24: Ten Nifty Tricks.
Chapter 25: Ten Things Not to do.
Appendix: Clues for the Clueless: PC Basics.
Book Registration Information.