Old and Middle English Poetry
gathers together the essential texts from the earliest writings in the vernacular up to the time of Chaucer.
- Contains a selection of the most significant Old and Middle English Poetry.
- Encapsulates the foundation and consolidation of literature written in English.
- Places traditional favourites are alongside less well-known titles, reflecting the ways in which the literary canon has changed in recent years.
- Includes a succinct introduction, which gives readers a sense of how literature developed during the period.
- Ideal for readers seeking a first introduction to the classic texts of English literature.