The Challenges of Securing a Virtual IT Infrastructure
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Bolstered by favorable economics, today’s global botnets are using distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks to target firewalls, web services, and applications, often simultaneously. This DDoS threat spectrum includes conventional network attacks, HTTP and SSL floods, and an emerging wave of low-bandwidth threats, plus the new threat vectors likely to target emerging service platforms.
- Suncorp's cloud transformation on track
- Rubrik adds $41m in funding, releases backup appliance
- At Google I/O, Android may push deeper into the home
- In Pictures: Seven best practices for cloud security
- In Pictures: Windows 10 - Which classic Microsoft default apps should be killed?
- In Pictures: 10 start-ups that are disrupting healthcare IT
- Oculus acquires image recognition startup Surreal Vision
- Thieves stole data on 100,000 US taxpayers through IRS app
- Private, insulting tweet gets Italian senator sued
- Android M, wearables and robots expected at Google I/O this week
- Microsoft green-lights Cortana on rivals iOS and Android
- HP buying SDN company for NFV
- Research community looks to SDN to help distribute data from the Large Hadron Collider
- Researchers claim to boost cell-phone battery life with radio signals
- China, Android to be hardest hit in coming smartphone slump