8th Biometrics Institute Technology Showcase & Exhibition
27 November 2012 | Hotel Realm, Canberra, Australia
In its 8th year, this one day event will provide an insight into the latest developments in biometric technologies.
Delegates will be given access to leading-edge developments in biometrics technologies that are able to respond to identity management and security issues. Attend to hear supplier presentations, view the technology exhibition and hear from industry experts. In 2011, this included many international guests and delegates from USA, Spain, UK and Singapore. Following the conference will be a two-day training course on The Human Element and Cognition in Biometric Identification” run by international expert, Dr Itiel Dror, University College London (UCL) and Cognitive Consultants International (CCI). See our website www.biometricsinstitute.org for programme updates. All welcome to register and attend. Biometrics Institute members receive discounted rates.
About the Biometrics Institute:
The Biometrics Institute is an independent not-for-profit organisation providing THE meeting place for any organisation interested in biometrics. The mission of the Biometrics Institute is to be a forum for biometric users and other interested parties and to facilitate the responsible use of biometrics. Join over 125 membership organisations from Australia, Europe and beyond including Royal Bank of Scotland Group, British Standards Institute (BSI), Singapore Defence, Australian Customs Service, Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) (USA) to name a few. It can offer you a number of ways to get involved in the biometrics industry.
Hotel Ream, Canberra, Australia
UXC Connect’s Jesmond Psaila says that DevOps can do for IT operations what Agile did for software development. This paper demonstrates how, by combining both approaches, you can significantly improve operational efficiency and time-to-market. • Marketing and development teams want to constantly change or increase functionality, while IT operations teams want to keep the environment as stable as possible • Agile software development and virtualisation have not solved the time-to-value problem faced by marketing and IT operations teams • Recent movements in DevOps aim to address and redefine a more agile service management platform, while new tools have vastly improved functionality to configure and automate common processes
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTSenior Media TraderNSW
- FTDigital Media PlannerNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
BYOD brings flexibility and improved productivity. But it can also add inconsistent user experiences, data security challenges… even legal liabilities. How can you make sure you get all the benefits—and none of the hassles? Read this tip sheet to learn the top considerations before you BYOD.
- Bill shock measures extended to all telcos
- Warrantless requests for customer data dominate in Telstra Transparency Report
- Eftpos' online play moves closer with Coles trial
- Honda Australia uses automation to accelerate PC patching
- Smart city apps to alleviate Melbourne’s infrastructure problems
- Senate backs ads for Bureau of Meteorology site
- NZ’s AO Cloud to expand into two Australian data centres
- SuperPartners uses virtualization to conduct systems testing
- As tablet growth slows, Apple may face a year-long iPad sales contraction
- Backoff malware infections are more widespread than thought
- IBM Watson cooks up some new dishes
- Apple will keep pushing for a sales ban on Samsung products
- Facebook testing mobile searches for old posts
- US appeals court denies Oracle request to restore $1.3 billion judgment against SAP
- Scientists create one robot brain to rule them all