- 2 May 2012 16:14
Polycom Appoints Managing Director, Gary Denman, to Lead Operations in Australia and New Zealand
Polycom, Inc. (Nasdaq: PLCM), the global leader in open standards-based unified communications (UC),today announced the appointment of Gary Denman as Managing Director, Polycom Australia and New Zealand,to lead Polycom’s growth in the region in the fast-growing unified communications market.
Denman brings to Polycom significant expertise in sales strategies for business development, with a proven track record of leading growth and change, building sales teams and developing new technology opportunities and solutions for customers.
Denman joins Polycom with more than 18 years’ experience with Microsoft in the UK, Australia and most recently, Malaysia, where he was Enterprise Group Sales Director in Kuala Lumpur, developing growth plans and customer opportunities. With a strong focus on a customer-centric business model, Denman brings with him extensive experience in building partner capacity, mapping solutions to drive growth in a variety of customer segments, and developing high-performance sales teams. Prior to his move to Microsoft Malaysia, Denman worked for Microsoft Australia in Sydney for nine years, and held several senior management roles, where he was responsible for leading large teams in enterprise and channel leadership, managing and executing global partner strategies, creating solutions and delivering Microsoft technologies across the Australia and New Zealand region.
“Polycom has experienced growth and success in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ), and having Gary join our team will provide us with the senior leadership required to expand our presence in this market,” said Michael Chetner, Vice President Asia Pacific. “The geographic spread of the Australia and New Zealand region allows it to be an innovator in delivering productivity-enhancing collaboration solutions to customers across a variety of sectors, including healthcare, government, education, mining and enterprise. As the demand for unified communications solutions grows, Gary’s industry skills and experience in the ICT space, along with his proven leadership capabilities in driving high-performance sales teams, make him the ideal person to lead Polycom's growth in Australia and New Zealand.”
“I am delighted to join Polycom to lead its Australia and New Zealand operations at such an exciting time and period of growth and opportunity for the company. With a strong reputation and foundation in delivering open standards-based solutions for customers across the globe, Polycom is perfectly placed to capture the momentum of the fast-growing UC and video market,” said Denman. “I am looking forward to building the Polycom brand and long-term business value for our customers and partners in the local market.”
Polycom is the global leader in open standards-based unified communications (UC) solutions for telepresence, video, and voice powered by the Polycom RealPresence Platform. The RealPresence Platform interoperates with the broadest range of business, mobile, and social applications and devices. More than 400,000 organisations trust Polycom solutions to collaborate and meet face-to-face from any location for more productive and effective engagementwith colleagues, partners, customers, and prospects. Polycom, together with its broad partner ecosystem, provides customers with the best total cost of ownership, interoperability, scalability, and security – on-premises, hosted, or cloud delivered. Visit www.polycom.com.au or connect with Polycom on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
© 2012 Polycom, Inc. All rights reserved. POLYCOM®, the Polycom “Triangles” logo and the names and marks associated with Polycom’s products are trademarks and/or service marks of Polycom, Inc. and are registered and/or common law marks in the United States and various other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
- AISA 2016 | Hear from Bruce Schneier, David Lacey, Rik Ferguson and many more | 18-20th October Register Today
- Next-generation SIEM turns low-level security monitoring for high-level business goals
- The Future is Encrypted. Manage It.
- New Destination Gigamon Security Resources IS HERE
- Test Your Knowledge of Network Encryption
- Caution: That SSL Blind Spot is Growing
- Ransomware explosion is the latest security wakeup call for CxOs
- Start your cloud journey. Register now and learn a wide range of AWS cloud solutions covered in the monthly AWS Webinar Series.
- As networks evolve, visibility remains key to managing IT-security risk in business terms
- CLOUDSEC2016 - Timothy Wallach, Cyber Taskforce FBI (USA) speaks on the status & evolution of global cybercrime. Save your seat
- Join Skeeve Stevens, Stanley Shanapinda, and more on how to manage metadata to maximise your ability to detect and prevent an attack. Register
- Join special guest Jeff Lanza, Retired FBI Agent (USA), Ty Miller, Mark Gregory & Andy Solterbeck for a discussion on ransomware security
- See Your Traffic for What It Really Is