Now that "data scientist" has been named this year's hottest job, it's only natural to wonder if you've got what it takes to fill it.
The Fourth Industrial Revolution is under way and while it could lead to the loss of more than 7 million jobs over the next few years, it will add jobs in areas like computer science, math and engineering.
By Sharon Gaudin | 26 January, 2016 07:42
Tech workers who develop new products, markets and digital experiences may be in the best position to survive the next downturn -- whenever it comes.
Janco Associates survey finds a mere 1.39 percent increase in salaries and waning demand for IT professionals in the past year
The app matches developers with companies based on demonstrated ability and offers a guaranteed response time
Sluggish hiring in November and December dragged down the overall growth numbers for 2015
The philanthropic landscape is vast, and finding the right charitable fit for a company takes time. We heard from tech companies of all sizes that have found ways to build social and charitable programs. Here are some approaches that work for them.
By Ann Bednarz | 07 December, 2015 20:22
Andrew Haldane, the Bank of England's chief economist, said that jobs at risk from automation total about 80 million in the US and about 15 million in the UK.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 23 November, 2015 14:00
CDN provider Akamai has launched a program that will provide startups with up to a year's access to its web and performance services for free.
By Rohan Pearce | 05 November, 2015 12:12
A new marketing campaign launched by NBN seeks to head off a telco skills shortage by signing up 2000 young people to helping roll out the National Broadband Network.
By Rohan Pearce | 26 October, 2015 10:33
Tech industry employers ponder the question of how to hire good tech talent, and whether "good" is good enough.
Twitter will work better with a "nimbler" engineering team, Dorsey tells staff
By Peter Sayer | 13 October, 2015 17:41
According to Gartner's annual top-10 list of strategic predictions, robots, robotic systems and automation will have an expanding role.
Two execs roles expanded, another reassigned
By Jim Duffy | 11 September, 2015 00:09
10 female leaders from the IT customer and vendor sides (including General Electric and Cisco) will be honored for their contributions to Cloud and convergence technology by the Cloud Network of Women (CloudNOW) later this month.
By Bob Brown | 08 September, 2015 17:40
Lenovo is laying off 3200 employees and trimming down its smartphone portfolio in response to a slowdown in its PC and handset sales.
By Michael Kan | 13 August, 2015 11:29
The IT job market for the first half of 2015 is a touch softer than it originally seemed, soft enough that IT job growth is not only flat, but shrinking slightly.
By Serdar Yegulalp | 11 August, 2015 04:52
With programmers and developers in such high demand these days, it may be tempting to think that a decision as stodgy as pursuing a certification is a waste of time. After all, doesn't it all come down to the art of your code?
By Bob Violino | 11 August, 2015 02:20
Momentum keeps building in tech industry hiring, with unemployment dropping even lower than before. But it's not all good news, as Web developers and others saw increases in joblessness.
By Paul Krill | 05 August, 2015 05:25
NBN will spend more close to $40 million on training and awareness campaigns to boost the National Broadband Network construction workforce, the company announced this morning.
By Rohan Pearce | 03 August, 2015 09:38
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior C# .NET Developer (Focus WCF, MVC)VIC
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Report: Hackers steal, post details on 9,000 DHS employees
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Mozilla moves Firefox to more flexible release schedule
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- Flash memory's density surpasses hard drives for first time
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser