<strong>Ask a Premier 100 IT Leader</strong>
By By Sashi Edupuganti | 20 January, 2015 23:38
Depending up on how you look at it, crowdsourcing is all the rage these days -- think Wikipedia, X Prize and Kickstarter -- or at the other extreme, greatly underused.
By Bob Brown | 17 June, 2014 06:31
Premier 100 IT Leader Robert Krestakos also answers questions on certifications and acting on suspicions.
By Robert Krestakos | 07 October, 2013 22:48
Many don't know what they don't know. Insider (registration required)
With no budget, our manager has to devise a security awareness and training program on his own.
The organizations that will prosper in the future are those led by people who have imagined a future they want to live in.
Both corporations and their employees who tweet on the company's behalf must clarify the question.
Premier 100 IT Leader Bill Brown also has advice on job boredom and careers networking.
The upcoming Google+ History will prepare your content for sharing, but holds it in a private space until you choose to share it. It's how social networking should work, writes columnist Mike Elgan.
Cyberespionage is coming of age but the problem with weapons like Stuxnet is that they will be used against us
Beware: Hubris, sycophantism and dformation professionnelle can spread from the corner office to IT.
In my 15 years as a CIO, I've experienced a gamut of questionable sales techniques. Some favorites, so to speak, include the "end-of-quarter deal never to be repeated," which is then repeated at the end of the next quarter; the promise that "we're your partner and you always get our best price," which you suspect is being made to all of the company's hundreds of other customers; and the selling of products that don't yet exist.
There was a time when India was known to the outside world for its ability to provide enormous labour at relatively low prices, prompting global companies to outsource their work to India. Indian companies very quickly transformed the value proposition from cost to quality with more IT companies in India having global quality certification than any country in the world. This made India the outsourcing capital of the world.
If you invest in the development of IT professionals outside your company, you help improve the level of talent in the entire IT ecosystem -- and, in turn, the quality of candidates who apply for your jobs, says Yoh's Joel Capperella.
Businesses that cut training and development during the recession will be challenged to recruit IT professionals to help them grow as the economy improves. Robert Half Technology's John Reed offers tips for stepping up professional development efforts for IT staffers.
If your resume can't get past the applicant tracking system, it might never be seen by human eyes.
Geeks are devoted to Truth, with a capital T. The question 'When will it be done?' feels like a request to lie. Insider; registration required)
Shaw reviews Seagate's Backup Plus external storage drives, Rubbo International's D-Wings.
They lifted their wine glasses from the cinema bar and raised them to the air. 'What elegant women,' I thought. 'The gaming development industry isn't the male-dominated, hoodie-wearing stereotype any longer.' I was waiting for the start of Indie Games: The Movie, which screened on the evening before the New Zealand Game Developers Conference in Auckland.
Premier 100 IT Leader Edward Martin also has advice on the indispensable skills and how to become a CIO.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
Organisations are struggling with a torrent of data thanks to cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things. And conventional backup and recovery methods are failing. This white paper outlines the benefits of a modern approach to disaster recovery.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield
- Box makes it easier for businesses to control encryption of cloud data