Ask a Premier 100 IT Leader
By By Sashi Edupuganti | 20 January, 2015 23:38
Depending up on how you look at it, crowdsourcing is all the rage these days -- think Wikipedia, X Prize and Kickstarter -- or at the other extreme, greatly underused.
By Bob Brown | 17 June, 2014 06:31
Premier 100 IT Leader Robert Krestakos also answers questions on certifications and acting on suspicions.
By Robert Krestakos | 07 October, 2013 22:48
Many don't know what they don't know. Insider (registration required)
With no budget, our manager has to devise a security awareness and training program on his own.
The organizations that will prosper in the future are those led by people who have imagined a future they want to live in.
Both corporations and their employees who tweet on the company's behalf must clarify the question.
Premier 100 IT Leader Bill Brown also has advice on job boredom and careers networking.
The upcoming Google+ History will prepare your content for sharing, but holds it in a private space until you choose to share it. It's how social networking should work, writes columnist Mike Elgan.
Cyberespionage is coming of age but the problem with weapons like Stuxnet is that they will be used against us
Beware: Hubris, sycophantism and dformation professionnelle can spread from the corner office to IT.
In my 15 years as a CIO, I've experienced a gamut of questionable sales techniques. Some favorites, so to speak, include the "end-of-quarter deal never to be repeated," which is then repeated at the end of the next quarter; the promise that "we're your partner and you always get our best price," which you suspect is being made to all of the company's hundreds of other customers; and the selling of products that don't yet exist.
There was a time when India was known to the outside world for its ability to provide enormous labour at relatively low prices, prompting global companies to outsource their work to India. Indian companies very quickly transformed the value proposition from cost to quality with more IT companies in India having global quality certification than any country in the world. This made India the outsourcing capital of the world.
If you invest in the development of IT professionals outside your company, you help improve the level of talent in the entire IT ecosystem -- and, in turn, the quality of candidates who apply for your jobs, says Yoh's Joel Capperella.
Businesses that cut training and development during the recession will be challenged to recruit IT professionals to help them grow as the economy improves. Robert Half Technology's John Reed offers tips for stepping up professional development efforts for IT staffers.
If your resume can't get past the applicant tracking system, it might never be seen by human eyes.
Geeks are devoted to Truth, with a capital T. The question 'When will it be done?' feels like a request to lie. Insider; registration required)
Shaw reviews Seagate's Backup Plus external storage drives, Rubbo International's D-Wings.
They lifted their wine glasses from the cinema bar and raised them to the air. 'What elegant women,' I thought. 'The gaming development industry isn't the male-dominated, hoodie-wearing stereotype any longer.' I was waiting for the start of Indie Games: The Movie, which screened on the evening before the New Zealand Game Developers Conference in Auckland.
Premier 100 IT Leader Edward Martin also has advice on the indispensable skills and how to become a CIO.
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
- FTJunior Media Buyer - Sales CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End Web Developer (Drupal)NSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Management - Account Director - Leading Entertainment ClientNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
This infographic looks at the challenge of both empowering your workforce with constant access on all devices and protecting your critical business information. •Understand why attacks on information are multifaceted and how to create a security approach to address this •Learn the 7 best practice principles to protect your critical business information •See why security technologies are critical for protection and how to implement for best use
- In Pictures: How 20 (mostly) tech companies' logos have evolved over the years
- In Pictures: Worst data breaches of 2014
- In Pictures: 9 security gadgets for mobile devices
- 'Largest DDoS attack' in GitHub's history targets anticensorship projects
- FCC will vote next month on plan to share valuable 3.5GHz spectrum
- Intel could strengthen its server product stack with Altera
- Kleiner Perkins cleared of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao
- Facebook reveals the logic behind its forced Messenger split
- French self-driving car goes for a spin around Paris monument
- Google to bring imaging, sensor technology to the operating room
- 5 freshly-funded cloud computing companies worth watching
- Why Meerkat and Periscope are the next big challenge for marketers
- USB Type-C peripherals are on the way, and storage devices are first up
- Microsoft should forget the Surface, stick to the Pro 2-in-1 line
- Slack hacked, compromising users' profile data