Ad blockers can make websites cleaner and faster for users, but they can also take a nasty bite out of advertising revenue. How popular are they, and what can site publishers do about them?
By Robert L. Mitchell | 15 January, 2014 11:34
Oracle surprised many tech industry observers by announcing Thursday it would pay US$871 million for marketing automation software vendor Eloqua. The move seemed a bit unlikely given the amount of sales and marketing software Oracle already had.
By Chris Kanaracus | 20 December, 2012 20:59
Four things are clear from Cisco’s better-than-expected Q1 FY 2013 results:
By Jim Duffy | 15 November, 2012 01:50
Facebook, which had been in the doghouse with Wall Street since it went public, wowed investors with its third-quarter report on Tuesday, in particular with its improvements and early results in the crucial mobile market.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 24 October, 2012 04:33
With Microsoft's new Outlook.com free email service getting so much attention, will Google and Yahoo need to update their own email offerings before they start to lose users?
On Marissa Mayer's first day as CEO at Yahoo, she has to figure out which problem to tackle first to right a company that has been buffeted by scandal, financial trouble and, possibly worst of all, growing market invisibility.
Google last week announced its Nexus 7 tablet for US$199, but that isn't the only tablet available at that price. Amazon, Lenovo, Research In Motion and Barnes & Noble also offer $US199 tablets.
Acer's Iconia Tab A700 tablet offers a bright 10.1-in. display and fast performance; it is definitely one to consider.
It's easy to switch to iOS or even Android, no matter what type of company you are
Google+ is hitting a major milestone this week. Google's fledgling social networking has hit its first birthday.
With its new Google Now smart assistant, Google hopes to take search to another level -- and take on Apple's Siri.
When you're adopting cloud software, you need to think about features and functions, of course, as well as the costs involved. But process changes and user training can be even bigger factors. Insider (registration required)
What do you get when you get four of the biggest Cloud vendors in a room to talk about one of the hottest emerging trends in the industry? Not a whole lot of agreement for one thing.
It looks like Microsoft plans to build and sell its own tablets, competing with its own partners. Great idea!
Facebook may acquire Norwegian browser maker Opera Software, developer of the Opera and Opera Mini browsers for desktops and mobile phones, according to a report.
If you've ever gone to Apple's mobile app store and purchased games like High Noon, Gamebox1 or Doodletruck, then you've downloaded an app from the burgeoning Chinese software development community.
By Maria Korolov and Wang Fangqing | 22 August, 2011 20:39
Five years ago, Nokia dominated the smartphone market. How quickly things change. But before you sit back and think, ‘that won’t happen to me’, take a look at the competitive environment in which your company operates. Daunting, isn’t it?
By Georgina Swan | 05 April, 2011 18:03
This week the Wall Street Journal's AllThingsD got the biggest Apple scoop of the year-granted, the year just started.
By Tom Kaneshige | 11 January, 2010 05:57
No IT vendor's news announcement is truly complete without a couple of glowing quotes from customers; nor is any vendor conference really a success unless the company has lined up a few satisfied CIOs to talk up their strategy and products.
By Chris Kanaracus | 10 November, 2009 08:20
According to recent market share data, Apple's iPhone is now being used to access the Internet a third as much as desktop Linux.
By Rodney Gedda | 13 October, 2009 04:03
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
This whitepaper details the results of a series of interviews conducted by IDC with 11 IT organizations, enterprises, and major service providers that deployed converged infrastructure systems based on Vblock Systems.
- At Austin airport, Wi-Fi predicts how long the security line will be
- Twitter weaves Fabric, but will developers be drawn in?
- AT&T signed up 500,000 cars for its 4G network last quarter
- Debian community splits over systemd, but fork still unlikely
- TIO task force to field NBN grievances
- Government regulation on cloud security may spur SaaS use in health care
- Progress builds up developer chops with Telerik buy
- Monumental day for Wikipedia in Poland
- Microsoft misses Windows bug, hackers slip past patch
- IBM's chip business sale gets national security scrutiny
- IBM and Microsoft pledge to make their Clouds compatible
- Some Bank of America customers double-charged with Apple Pay
- Google to build Play-like hardware store for Project Ara
- Chicago takes top spot in mobile performance ranking
- Accused text-message spammers to pay $9 million in settlement