Ad blockers can make websites cleaner and faster for users, but they can also take a nasty bite out of advertising revenue. How popular are they, and what can site publishers do about them?
By Robert L. Mitchell | 15 January, 2014 11:34
Oracle surprised many tech industry observers by announcing Thursday it would pay US$871 million for marketing automation software vendor Eloqua. The move seemed a bit unlikely given the amount of sales and marketing software Oracle already had.
By Chris Kanaracus | 20 December, 2012 20:59
Four things are clear from Cisco’s better-than-expected Q1 FY 2013 results:
By Jim Duffy | 15 November, 2012 01:50
Facebook, which had been in the doghouse with Wall Street since it went public, wowed investors with its third-quarter report on Tuesday, in particular with its improvements and early results in the crucial mobile market.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 24 October, 2012 04:33
With Microsoft's new Outlook.com free email service getting so much attention, will Google and Yahoo need to update their own email offerings before they start to lose users?
On Marissa Mayer's first day as CEO at Yahoo, she has to figure out which problem to tackle first to right a company that has been buffeted by scandal, financial trouble and, possibly worst of all, growing market invisibility.
Google last week announced its Nexus 7 tablet for US$199, but that isn't the only tablet available at that price. Amazon, Lenovo, Research In Motion and Barnes & Noble also offer $US199 tablets.
Acer's Iconia Tab A700 tablet offers a bright 10.1-in. display and fast performance; it is definitely one to consider.
It's easy to switch to iOS or even Android, no matter what type of company you are
Google+ is hitting a major milestone this week. Google's fledgling social networking has hit its first birthday.
With its new Google Now smart assistant, Google hopes to take search to another level -- and take on Apple's Siri.
When you're adopting cloud software, you need to think about features and functions, of course, as well as the costs involved. But process changes and user training can be even bigger factors. Insider (registration required)
What do you get when you get four of the biggest Cloud vendors in a room to talk about one of the hottest emerging trends in the industry? Not a whole lot of agreement for one thing.
It looks like Microsoft plans to build and sell its own tablets, competing with its own partners. Great idea!
Facebook may acquire Norwegian browser maker Opera Software, developer of the Opera and Opera Mini browsers for desktops and mobile phones, according to a report.
If you've ever gone to Apple's mobile app store and purchased games like High Noon, Gamebox1 or Doodletruck, then you've downloaded an app from the burgeoning Chinese software development community.
By Maria Korolov and Wang Fangqing | 22 August, 2011 20:39
Five years ago, Nokia dominated the smartphone market. How quickly things change. But before you sit back and think, ‘that won’t happen to me’, take a look at the competitive environment in which your company operates. Daunting, isn’t it?
By Georgina Swan | 05 April, 2011 18:03
This week the Wall Street Journal's AllThingsD got the biggest Apple scoop of the year-granted, the year just started.
By Tom Kaneshige | 11 January, 2010 05:57
No IT vendor's news announcement is truly complete without a couple of glowing quotes from customers; nor is any vendor conference really a success unless the company has lined up a few satisfied CIOs to talk up their strategy and products.
By Chris Kanaracus | 10 November, 2009 08:20
According to recent market share data, Apple's iPhone is now being used to access the Internet a third as much as desktop Linux.
By Rodney Gedda | 13 October, 2009 04:03
- FTDigital Media PlannerNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
Executive teams have been focusing on accelerating virtualization and the shift in IT processes that it enables. This whitepaper serves as a guide for executives looking to strategically and seamlessly migrate popular applications, which are both complex and mission critical, to virtual infrastructure.
- Startup tips: Separating speculators from investors
- Mobile apps could be abused to make expensive phone calls
- St George to support biometric banking in iOS 8
- In Pictures: Our 10 favourite techie Simpsons episodes and moments
- ACMA requires NBN warning on backup power
- Security spending nears $2 billion a year in Australia: Gartner
- Google's search app gets friendlier to bilingual Android users
- NBN end users approach 100Mbps with FTTN
- Adult content could stimulate virtual reality market
- Cloud computing: Potential, pitfalls for people with disabilities
- Intel highlights more of its wireless computing plans
- Microsoft jumps into NoSQL market with new Azure data store
- Google gets patent to make Glass look like ordinary specs
- Apple updates OS X Yosemite public beta
- NIST taking input for mobile security guidelines