Google, an early backer of software-defined networking and OpenFlow, shared some details at the recent Open Networking Summit about how the company is using the technology to link 12 worldwide data centers over 10G links. Network World Editor in Chief John Dix caught up with Google Principal Engineer Amin Vahdat to learn more.
While perhaps best known as a major social networking site in the Web 2.0 vein, Facebook is becoming a popular place to interface with potential customers, similar to what companies such as Scribe and iLike have done. Facebook also is being viewed as a place for enterprise collaboration, with Serena Software leveraging the site for this purpose. To get perspective on Facebook, InfoWorld Editor at Large Paul Krill recently spoke with Aditya Agarwal, Facebook director of engineering. Agarwal formerly worked in the Oracle server technologies division.
The quest to find a good price on a high-definition television can be a frustrating and confusing experience. For most people, the process concludes with the purchase of a brand-new TV set. For Mukesh Chatter, that was just the beginning.
With increased mobility in the workforce, the market for remote support solutions has increased by 35% in the last year and as demand for these solutions increases, so do the options for service providers. <p> This whitepaper provides key features an IT decision maker should look for when selecting a remote support solution such as core functionality, usability, customisation, security, scalability and deployment model.
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer | Design projects | SMB & Enterprise clientsNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSite Reliability Engineer - Java DevOpsNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
In this whitepaper find out how Schneider Electric reduced optimised traffic volume across the WAN by an average of 75% and minimised bandwith upgrades – ultimately decreasing IT spend with efficient systems. Read more about how a company employs more than 110,000 people in 100 countries upgraded ageing infrastructure to manage costs, mobility growth and cloud SaaS and IaaS, achieving 80% data reduction while utilising six times less bandwidth.
- CommBank Offers app piloted at Westfield Hornsby
- Adobe teams with Dropbox as part of Document Cloud upgrades
- To scare people better, Android ransomware gets a snazzy UI
- Four questions about the Dell-EMC merger
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 Insider build offers alt activation approach
- Google loads up virtual reality toolbox for developers
- Microsoft finally delivers on Skype messaging promises with new Windows 10 beta
- Box's future lies in developer tools
- As a private company, Dell-EMC will enjoy a freedom HP can only dream of
- What Dell buying EMC means for VMware
- Sikur joins secure smartphone race with $849 handset
- Dell agrees to acquire EMC for US$67 billion
- Stay Smart Online week kicks off
- CBA dishes out advice on innovation
- Wikileaks releases TPP documents