Yahoo reported a 1 percent sales increase on Tuesday, a marked shift after multiple quarters of decline, though results in its critical ad business were mixed.
By Zach Miners | 22 October, 2014 10:42
Video streaming and analytics company Ooyala this morning announced it had acquired video advertising platform Videoplaza.
By Rohan Pearce | 21 October, 2014 12:15
Ads are officially coming to Snapchat, in a form the company says is not "targeted," but Snapchat's own terms of service suggest it could do something very much like that.
By Zach Miners | 18 October, 2014 09:21
A major change this year in how online advertisements are sold has been embraced by hackers, who are using advanced ad-targeting capabilities to precisely deliver malware.
By Jeremy Kirk | 17 October, 2014 13:01
Facebook is doubling the rewards it will pay for security vulnerabilities related to code that runs its advertising system, the company said Wednesday.
By Jeremy Kirk | 16 October, 2014 11:47
Malicious advertisements, some of which were displayed on YouTube, redirected more than 113,000 people in the U.S. to harmful websites in just a month, Trend Micro said Tuesday.
By Jeremy Kirk | 15 October, 2014 11:50
If you're like me, you might stroll past a local coffee shop or book store numerous times before you notice it's there or go inside. Facebook thinks an ad might give that extra nudge.
By Zach Miners | 08 October, 2014 11:21
A "like" on Facebook is worth a lot to advertisers there. Now it's also worth something to advertisers in other mobile apps.
By Zach Miners | 08 October, 2014 01:47
An expansion of how Facebook's user data is employed for advertising purposes is prompting questions over privacy.
By Zach Miners | 03 October, 2014 21:50
Malicious advertisements have popped up on websites such as YouTube, Amazon and Yahoo, part of a sophisticated campaign to spread malware, Cisco said Monday.
By Jeremy Kirk | 09 September, 2014 12:16
Search engine optimisation (SEO) company Web Marketing Experts (WME) has expanded its Melbourne office as it looks to hire 115 new staff by December 2014.
By Hamish Barwick | 02 September, 2014 10:00
The Senate late last week passed legislation that amends the Meteorology Act 1955 to make clear that the Bureau of Meteorology can run commercial advertising on its online services.
By Rohan Pearce | 01 September, 2014 12:11
Twitter has expanded its advertising network to 12 mostly central and eastern European markets, the company said Tuesday.
By Loek Essers | 26 August, 2014 20:05
Facebook will reduce "click-bait" posts of outside links that try to lure users with eye-catching headlines.
By Zach Miners | 26 August, 2014 04:49
Amazon plans to expand its small online ad delivery business enough to take on Google's AdWords, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
By Zach Miners | 23 August, 2014 11:12
The adult industry will help drive adoption of virtual reality beyond gamers, according to the creator of one of the Internet’s first free porn websites.
By Adam Bender | 22 August, 2014 08:00
Rewardle is bringing its digital customer loyalty program to smartwatches, the Melbourne startup has announced.
By Adam Bender | 15 August, 2014 10:48
Twitter is looking to boost its advertising business by letting more businesses pay to include video in their tweets.
By Zach Miners | 13 August, 2014 04:52
Rip Curl has launched a smartwatch for surfers that measures surf data and maps their ride on an interactive map.
By Adam Bender | 29 July, 2014 10:45
A method for tracking users across the Internet called "canvas fingerprinting" is simple to stop, but average Internet users may not know how to do it.
By Jeremy Kirk | 25 July, 2014 12:18
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
A successful mobile deployment using ActiveSync depends on giving users a reliable, stable sync experience. But if any of the many moving parts in the EAS data path fail or degrade, the experience will suffer. Read this whitepaper to learn how to get ahead of EAS challenges by providing reliable mobile service—particularly for BYOD users.
- North Korea reportedly blocks Facebook and Twitter
- FCC eyes new rules to protect consumers as voice networks transition to IP
- Startup Slack gets $120M infusion to kill email at work
- Oracle's Larry Ellison isn't done building his legacy
- Microsoft Releases NEW Office for the Mac (Oct/2014)
- Microsoft teases Office for Mac with Outlook-only release
- Ericsson's WebRTC browser available for download from the App Store
- HP to jolt 3D printer market
- Starbucks says 1 in 6 payments already mobile
- HP's radical new Machine could start computing by 2016
- Apologetic Microsoft unleashes Xim globally for Android, Win Phone
- FCC: A range of net neutrality options remain on the table
- iOS 8 app crash rate falls 25% since release
- Pirate Bay co-founder sentenced to 3.5 years imprisonment in Denmark
- Google to kill off SSL 3.0 in Chrome 40