Facebook reported a nice 72 percent boost in sales for the first quarter, as the company continues to make strides expanding its advertising business on mobile devices.
By Zach Miners | 24 April, 2014 06:56
Mobile users of Google's search and YouTube service will soon see more targeted ads that take them straight to the installation pages for advertisers' mobile apps.
By Zach Miners | 23 April, 2014 04:41
Internet users may soon start to see more ads that look like posts from Google+, but without visiting the social network.
By Zach Miners | 17 April, 2014 04:27
In space, they say, no one can hear you scream. Some marketers feel the same way about Facebook.
By Zach Miners | 11 April, 2014 03:34
Sydney startup Sneaking Duck has announced it will personalise glasses frames for customers by using 3D printing.
By Adam Bender | 02 April, 2014 16:00
Real-time chatter about television abounds on Twitter, offering a potentially lucrative opportunity for advertising. The social network is looking to make the most of it, announcing a series of deals Monday to better monetize tweets about TV shows around the world.
By Zach Miners | 01 April, 2014 12:21
AOL is pushing to become an elite advertising business with a new platform for buying and selling ads tied to big data.
By Zach Miners | 26 March, 2014 18:37
The money spent by advertisers on the desktop will decline this year as people continue to reach for their smartphones to search for information, according to new data from eMarketer.
By Zach Miners | 14 March, 2014 02:07
An assortment of video ads will soon start appearing in Facebook users' feeds as the company grasps at a larger slice of the lucrative TV advertising market.
By Zach Miners | 13 March, 2014 18:39
Telstra has pledged improved customer support through a “digital first” initiative announced today.
By Adam Bender | 03 March, 2014 14:08
U.S. National Security Agency director General Keith Alexander has called on Congress to pass new legislation focused on protecting the country's cyber assets while at the same time defending his agency's cybersurveillance programs.
By Grant Gross | 27 February, 2014 19:48
Gmail users who get frustrated trying to find the "unsubscribe" link that's often buried in small type at the bottom of promotional emails may instead start seeing it before they even open the message.
By Zach Miners | 21 February, 2014 01:00
Telstra has proposed cutting about 800 jobs at Sensis as it digitises the directory business.
By Adam Bender | 19 February, 2014 10:21
Nearly seven in 10 U.S. voters would pay a higher tax on their mobile phone bills if the money went toward wiring schools with faster broadband networks, according to a new survey.
By Grant Gross | 18 February, 2014 19:53
A growing number of brick-and-mortar businesses, eager to learn more about what goes on inside their walls, are turning to new technology to gather data from people's mobile phones.
By Zach Miners | 14 February, 2014 22:21
A coalition of consumer and privacy groups will ask a U.S. court to reject a settlement that allows Facebook to use minors' pictures in advertisements on the site without their parents' consent.
By Grant Gross | 13 February, 2014 15:59
Mozilla is going to show advertising to Firefox users to increase its sources of revenue that now mainly comes from Google, the company said Wednesday.
By Loek Essers | 12 February, 2014 11:59
Apparently Klout is popular.
By Martyn Williams | 12 February, 2014 00:13
Google has named a top executive from its advertising business to become the new chief executive of its YouTube service.
By Zach Miners | 06 February, 2014 02:08
Learn how every business can improve efficiency, compete better, and deliver compelling user experiences with flash. You'll also gain access to Gartner's 2013 Cool Vendor Report Download our ebook and learn how you can: - Improve efficiency - Compete better - Deliver compelling user experiences
- FTBrand Relationship Manager | RTB Trading Desk | Digital Advertising | SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTContent StrategistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital Content Manager/Senior Content Manager - CRM/Loyalty FocusNSW
- FTDeliverability SpecialistNSW
The IT industry has been abuzz promoting the idea of virtual desktop infrastructure. But despite its advantages, adoption has been slow, and many organizations have abandoned their VDI initiatives. This paper explores how a new flash-based approach can overcome the key VDI pitfalls, and deliver a solution that both end-users and IT administrators will love.
- Securing the Internet of Things in a connected world
- Apple defies PC downturn again, boosts Mac sales
- Zynga founder Mark Pincus gives up day-to-day duties
- FCC will seek input on latest net neutrality proposal
- Apple to Microsoft: Better late than never for Office on iPad
- In Pictures: Fave raves - 33 tech pros share their favourite IT products
- In Pictures: What the rumour mill expects from iOS 8
- In Pictures: 15 tips for surviving - and thriving - as an IT contractor
- Quip issues API for mobile word processor, aims it at enterprise IT
- In Pictures: Cool tech and hot cars from the N.Y. Int'l Auto Show
- Telstra signs broadband security deal with Mako Networks
- With OpenPower, IBM tries to turn the tables on Intel
- Report: US FCC to allow payments for speedier traffic
- Privacy jitters derail controversial K-12 big data initiative
- IPhone sales drive strong Apple earnings