After running for six years on a "black box" legacy system, ACT and South Eastern NSW real estate portal allhomes.com.au has migrated its technology stack to open source Linux and Java technologies.
By Rodney Gedda | 21 August, 2008 15:56
I've been writing about the use of open source software in business for nearly a decade and during that time I discovered the level of interest in free software to be somewhere between non-existent to various point solutions for routine or mission-critical tasks. It was therefore with pleasant surprise that I was invited to report on the activities of an independent Sydney-based health insurance company, IMAN International Pty Ltd, which has committed to an end-to-end open source strategy and is reaping measurable results.
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
This white paper explains the variety of challenges when rapidly growing multi-tenant data centres (MTDCs) and then describes how the latest uninterruptible power systems (UPSs), air containment solutions can help MTDC owners significantly lower power-related operating expenses without weakening reliability or agility. It also uses the experiences of Hurricane Electric Internet Services, a leading retail co-location provider, as real-world evidence of the benefits MTDC operators can realise by embracing energy-efficiency best practices.
- Curtin Uni partners with industry for 'Internet of Everything' research
- After Uber ruling, pressure mounts on companies to reclassify contractors
- Xbox One, PS4 sales in China could be disappointing
- Wi-Fi password-sharing feature in Windows 10 raises security concerns
- In Japan, Uber dons white gloves to battle an elegant rival
- Telstra launches its telemedicine service
- Monitoring terrorists okay, targeted advertising not: Survey
- HP makes it official, files to spin off enterprise division
- PayPal to acquire money transfer service Xoom for $US890 million
- iiNet to deliver cloud services to SA government agencies
- DEA agent pleads guilty to accepting Silk Road funds
- NBN issues quarterly construction update
- Parrot MiniDrones are equipped to hover, race and float on water
- Watch as we follow Google's new self-driving car
- Despite Apple Watch, Fitbit is still in the race