After running for six years on a "black box" legacy system, ACT and South Eastern NSW real estate portal allhomes.com.au has migrated its technology stack to open source Linux and Java technologies.
By Rodney Gedda | 21 August, 2008 15:56
I've been writing about the use of open source software in business for nearly a decade and during that time I discovered the level of interest in free software to be somewhere between non-existent to various point solutions for routine or mission-critical tasks. It was therefore with pleasant surprise that I was invited to report on the activities of an independent Sydney-based health insurance company, IMAN International Pty Ltd, which has committed to an end-to-end open source strategy and is reaping measurable results.
This whitepaper is the second in a three-part series on distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) and multi-tier DDoS protection. This section details the design and capabilities of different forms of protection architecture designed for a variety of circumstances, while also providing alternative approaches. The paper also explains how to maintain availability, including network and application defense and DNS DDoS Mitigation.
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- FTExecutive Producer/Head of Production: Advertising AgencyNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- FTBrand Relationship Manager | RTB Trading Desk | Digital Advertising | SydneyNSW
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTDeliverability SpecialistNSW
An Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is a series of software applications that collect and compiles data from different departments to enhance collaboration and co-ordination within the business. If you’re looking to implement your first ERP system, or to upgrade from an existing system, this whitepaper offers eight simple steps for selection that will lead to long-term strategic success.
- Teardown: Galaxy S5 parts cost 21% more than iPhone 5S
- Oracle identifies products affected by Heartbleed, but work remains on fixes
- Developers get access to more Sony camera features
- Microsoft slashes Windows XP custom support prices just days before axing public patches
- Tata revenue, profit up on strong outsourcing demand
- German researchers hack Galaxy S5 fingerprint login
- Telefónica starts exchange for targeted mobile ads
- Glass all gone after one-day sale, Google says
- Mt. Gox has filed for liquidation in Japan, says report
- Microsoft's Chinese partner confident Xbox can compete against Android consoles
- Australia needs effective government cyber policy leadership: report
- Court slaps TPG with $400k fine over 000 failure
- Lycamobile issued warning for over-charging customers
- TPG should pay rural levy for each FTTB service: NBN Co
- Ukraine tensions could hurt international security efforts, Kaspersky says