Apple should remove "spyware" from its new Yosemite release of OS X, according to an online petition that has received 14,450 signatures as of early Thursday afternoon.
By Jon Gold | 31 October, 2014 06:48
The nearly two dozen screenshots posted by cnBeta.com were of Outlook, the email client that's included in Office on both Windows and OS X. cnBeta.com said that the screenshots were taken from a leaked internal test version of the application.
By Gregg Keizer | 29 October, 2014 02:53
The newest enterprise edition of the Suse Linux distribution allows administrators to go back in time, for instance, to immediately before they made that fatal system-crippling mistake.
By Joab Jackson | 28 October, 2014 03:54
Just days before Microsoft orders OEMs to stop building new PCs with Windows 7 Home Premium, Dell tried one last time to spur sales using the lure of the five-year-old consumer OS.
By Gregg Keizer | 27 October, 2014 19:15
The cries for help from frazzled Mac owners whose Wi-Fi connections went haywire after upgrading to OS X Yosemite are being met by Apple with stone-faced silence.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 25 October, 2014 07:03
A week after its release, Apple's OS X Yosemite powered 13% of all Macs in the U.S. and Canada, about the same uptake pace as seen by its predecessor, Mavericks.
By Gregg Keizer | 25 October, 2014 05:36
Canonical continues to aggressively equip its flagship Ubuntu Linux server software with more tools to help users build and run clouds.
By Joab Jackson | 24 October, 2014 07:37
The latest chapter in the ongoing furor over the software known as systemd threatens to split the Debian community, after a splinter group stated that it would create a fork of the well-known Linux distribution if systemd is included in an upcoming release.
By Jon Gold | 23 October, 2014 08:09
Microsoft is continuing its crusade to get CIOs interested in Windows 10, touting new security features that include two-factor authentication built directly into the OS.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 23 October, 2014 05:25
Microsoft on Tuesday warned Windows users that cyber criminals are exploiting a zero-day vulnerability using malicious PowerPoint documents sent as email attachments.
By Gregg Keizer | 22 October, 2014 10:48
Windows 10 Technical Preview testers are getting a new build of the OS with almost 7,000 changes, including the addition of the Action Center console already available in Windows Phone.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 22 October, 2014 07:51
Microsoft today issued the first update for Windows 10 Technical Preview, inaugurating its fast-cadence release practice.
By Gregg Keizer | 22 October, 2014 07:28
Complaints that Mac OS X Yosemite disrupts or entirely disables Wi-Fi have been flowing into social media sites and discussion forums since the release of the OS last Thursday, but Apple has yet to acknowledge there's a problem.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 22 October, 2014 04:51
Apple is being called out for how it shares desktop and Web searches in its latest desktop operating system, Yosemite.
By Jeremy Kirk | 21 October, 2014 11:19
Apple yesterday issued a security update for OS X Mavericks and Mountain Lion meant to protect Macs against possible POODLE attacks.
By Gregg Keizer | 18 October, 2014 07:15
Apple desktop and laptop computers will play better with iPads and iPhones via new Continuity integration features on iOS 8.1 and MacOS X Yosemite, available free, starting Monday for iOS 8.1 and today for Yosemite.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 17 October, 2014 05:55
Apple has launched OS X 10.10, aka Yosemite, as a free upgrade for most Mac owners.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 October, 2014 05:05
By Jim Duffy | 16 October, 2014 23:36
For the first time, Microsoft will offer user-based Windows licenses to enterprises, a change one expert called "substantial" but another downplayed as unlikely to have much of an impact.
By Gregg Keizer | 15 October, 2014 06:44
Developed by the CIO executive Council in conjunction with Rob Livingstone Advisory, Pathways Advanced is a 12-month CIO delivered, small group, mentor based professional leadership development program. Pathways Advanced brings together best practice, thought leadership and business insights for today’s most promising ICT professionals
- FTSenior SEO ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTDigital Marketing CoordinatorNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
Technology has become the heart and soul of every business, but IT workload and system complexity become more challenging. This whitepaper details the future of IT, the major challenges facing CIOs, and the three ways to transform IT so CIOs can lead the way.
- Samsung attacks Chinese rivals with new mid-range Galaxy phones
- FCC's Wheeler said to mull hybrid approach to net neutrality
- Some Aussie businesses using DevOps to improve customer engagement and reduce IT spend: report
- The Google shakeup continues: Andy Rubin is out
- Google project aims to preserve privacy when collecting software stats
- Major banks ready their own mobile payment apps
- Android creator Andy Rubin leaving Google
- Data retention is necessary red tape: Turnbull
- Zuckerberg to connect with regular folk in first 'community Q&A'
- In Pictures: 12 shocking social media horror stories
- In Pictures: 10 cool new features found in iOS 8.1
- RCA gives unexpected boost to tablet market in Q3
- Apple surrenders top tablet satisfaction spot to Amazon
- Petition targets Apple over ‘spyware' in OS X Yosemite
- IBM drills into the energy industry for cognitive computing advances