Apple is being called out for how it shares desktop and Web searches in its latest desktop operating system, Yosemite.
By Jeremy Kirk | 21 October, 2014 11:19
Apple yesterday issued a security update for OS X Mavericks and Mountain Lion meant to protect Macs against possible POODLE attacks.
By Gregg Keizer | 18 October, 2014 07:15
Apple desktop and laptop computers will play better with iPads and iPhones via new Continuity integration features on iOS 8.1 and MacOS X Yosemite, available free, starting Monday for iOS 8.1 and today for Yosemite.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 17 October, 2014 05:55
Apple has launched OS X 10.10, aka Yosemite, as a free upgrade for most Mac owners.
By Gregg Keizer | 17 October, 2014 05:05
By Jim Duffy | 16 October, 2014 23:36
For the first time, Microsoft will offer user-based Windows licenses to enterprises, a change one expert called "substantial" but another downplayed as unlikely to have much of an impact.
By Gregg Keizer | 15 October, 2014 06:44
Microsoft will patch a pair of zero-day Windows vulnerabilities that attackers have been exploiting to penetrate major corporations' networks, according to researchers at FireEye.
By Gregg Keizer | 15 October, 2014 03:56
Microsoft has announced that one million people had registered with its Windows Insider program, which provides easy access to the Windows 10 Technical Preview.
By Gregg Keizer | 14 October, 2014 07:30
Mac owners who have installed the latest public beta, which was released earlier today, may have the final version already on their machines.
By Gregg Keizer | 14 October, 2014 06:12
Microsoft has focused on how businesses will benefit from its next operating system, Windows 10, not only because corporate customers are its bread and butter, but to prevent consumers from balking at buying new PCs, an analyst said last week.
By Gregg Keizer | 13 October, 2014 22:01
Microsoft will have no choice but to give consumers free Windows upgrades once it launches Windows 10 and kicks off its fast-fast-fast tempo, an analyst asserted.
By Gregg Keizer | 11 October, 2014 06:42
Windows and Internet Explorer need critical patches this month, according to Microsoft's advanced notification about Patch Tuesday bulletins for Oct. 14.
By Tim Greene | 10 October, 2014 09:07
Microsoft will release nine security updates next week, twice the number of last month, with fixes slated for Internet Explorer (IE), Windows, SharePoint Server and Web app developer tools.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 October, 2014 06:36
Microsoft isn't the only one running a preview program that collects data from participants: so does Apple.
By Gregg Keizer | 09 October, 2014 03:07
Uptake of Apple's new iOS 8 mobile operating system has failed to catch up to the boom of last year's iOS 7, according to Apple and third-party measurements.
By Gregg Keizer | 08 October, 2014 04:28
Apple's not-quite-ready-for-release OS X Yosemite again boosted its user share last month, but the increase was only a third of the month before, recently released data showed.
By Gregg Keizer | 07 October, 2014 00:33
If you've been using Windows 10 for more than a few days, it's time to reconnoiter a bit. If you haven't yet learned about tweaking the Start Menu, searching, snapping, or creating new desktops, Mark Hachman at PC World can take you on a whirlwind tour. That's beginner's stuff. But what about the things lurking under the covers?
By Woody Leonhard | 07 October, 2014 00:22
On October 1, Microsoft released the technical preview of Windows 10 and, with much less fanfare, it also unleashed preview releases of Windows Server and System Center. Both server previews are available for download from the TechNet Server and Cloud blog.
By Jonathan Hassell | 06 October, 2014 18:36
Microsoft will radically revamp which Windows updates customers receive starting with Windows 10, a move analysts said was the biggest-ever change in the firm's update practices.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 October, 2014 06:06
Apple signaled that it will ship OS X Yosemite on Oct. 21; it has scheduled its third-quarter earnings call for the day before.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 October, 2014 02:44
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
Rackspace Hosting, the world’s leading specialist in hosting and cloud computing, wanted to offer its customers an easy way to link dedicated managed servers to cloudbased servers. The company used Application Delivery Networking devices from F5 to help build a hybrid service called RackConnect.
- Keep calm and plug the holes
- Candidates for EU's data protection job heard by the European Parliament
- Nadella's 2014 comp package tops $84M
- Citrix's ShareFile gets document signing thanks to acquisition
- Alibaba's mobile OS in China boosted by Meizu partnership
- Virtual reality gains a small foothold in the enterprise
- Your online TV watching is now being tracked across devices
- Samsung Knox devices approved for government use by NSA
- Laptops to be managed more like mobiles: AirWatch CEO
- In brief: Ooyala steps into ads arena with Videoplaza
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default
- First products from Apple-IBM deal to come next month
- 11 startups enter muru-D accelerator program
- Smartsheet, the project management tool cloaked as a spreadseet, adds visualization
- In Pictures: Windows 10 - A guided tour