Forget the territorial battles being fought at other companies between marketing and technology executives. At renowned athletic gear maker Adidas Group, the digital marketing approach is built on a real alliance between the two disciplines.
By Elizabeth Heichler | 18 February, 2015 03:13
<em>The problem with signature based security tools is you are vulnerable until the signature is released and distributed. Palo Alto Networks takes a different approach with Traps, so Network World Editor in Chief John Dix tracked down Palo Alto VP of Product Marketing Scott Gainey for an inside look at how Traps works.</em>
By John Dix | 13 November, 2014 03:28
Canadian airline company WestJet is one of the earliest customers of VMware's NSX network virtualization tools, which initially reached for the tech to address a security issue. Network World Editor in Chief John Dix recently sat down with WestJet technologist Richard Sillito to learn what the company is learning about network virtualization and its broader NSX plans.
By John Dix | 26 June, 2014 04:09
Catbird Networks Director of Product Management, Malcolm Reike, talks about how virtualization changes the security game with Network World Editor in Chief John Dix.
By John Dix | 26 June, 2014 03:36
Jeff Schilling, who joined cloud hosting startup FireHost this week as chief security officer, knows a thing or two about cybersecurity.
By Stephen Lawson | 31 May, 2014 04:56
Cloud computing gives organisations the opportunity to rethink many traditional IT practices, but it may be a particularly good fit for disaster recovery and business continuity.
By John Dix | 31 July, 2013 00:42
Name: Patrick Harding
Name: Scott Morrison
Name: Mark Partin
Name: Allison Aden
Intel completed its multibillion-dollar acquisition of McAfee almost a year and a half ago, and this week McAfee co-President Mike DeCesare spoke with Network World senior editor Ellen Messmer about what the merger of Intel's chip-making capabilities and McAfee's security expertise is expected to bring down the road.
Name: Michael Lin
Name: Eric Baldeschwieler
Red Hat CEO Jim Whitehurst is coming up on his five-year anniversary at the helm, following his arrival in December 2007. Under Whitehurst's leadership, Red Hat's revenue has grown from US$523 million in its fiscal 2008 to more than $1.1 billion in its fiscal 2012, without deviating from its core strategy of open-source infrastructure software.
Name: Rick Gilbody
Name: Dan Curtis
Name: Michael Milligan
Name: Harry Sverdlove
Name: Catherine Goodison
Name: Amichai Shulman
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCIT Solutions DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
Organisations are struggling with a torrent of data thanks to cloud computing, mobility and the Internet of Things. And conventional backup and recovery methods are failing. This white paper outlines the benefits of a modern approach to disaster recovery.
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- GitHub apologizes for ignoring community concerns
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Five sue Apple over Error 53 and bricked iPhones
- AT&T to run field trials of 5G wireless in Austin this year
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too