A Google security researcher found a serious vulnerability in the Avast SafeZone browser that doesn't exist in Chromium, the open-source browser that serves as its foundation.
An unknown person -- possibly a white hat hacker -- gained access to some of the servers that cybercriminals use to distribute the Dridex online banking Trojan and replaced the malware with an installer for Avira Free Antivirus.
The developers of the Neutrino exploit kit have added a new feature intended to thwart security researchers from studying their attacks.
U.S. businesses may take some comfort from the fact that a successor to the Safe Harbor agreement has finally been named, but at this point, they shouldn't get too comfortable.
Serious vulnerabilities in the Netgear NMS300 ProSafe network management system, an application used to discover, monitor and configure a wide range of network devices, can allow hackers to take control of the servers it's running on.
Dell's business laptops and tablets will get an extra layer of protection from hackers with a new security tool being loaded into the company's portable computers.
An in-depth analysis of yet another Internet-connected security camera has revealed a host of software problems.
Comodo said it is planning to release on update on Wednesday that fixes a severe vulnerability in a custom web browser it developed and markets as enhancing users' security.
Researchers from Rapid7 found privacy-invading vulnerabilities in the Web services used by the Smart Toy line of interactive stuffed animals and the hereO GPS watch for children.
Businesses that need to transfer European Union citizens' personal data to the U.S. should wait until at least mid-April before relying on the Privacy Shield to provide legal protection -- and in the meantime, they shouldn't count too much on alternative mechanisms for legalizing such transfers, Europe's data protection authorities warned Wednesday.
The Socat networking service used a non-prime number for its key exchange mechanism, potentially allowing attackers to eavesdrop on encrypted connections opened with the tool.
PatternEx says its Active Contextual Modeling is a form of artificial intelligence.
A customized version of Google's Chrome browser developed by security vendor Comodo has a jaw-dropping flaw, according to a researcher.
Malwarebytes said it may take three to four weeks to fix flaws in its consumer product found by Google security researcher Tavis Ormandy.
By Jeremy Kirk | 03 February, 2016 09:51
Goodbye Safe Harbor, hello Privacy Shield: that's the name given by European Union and U.S. negotiators to the deal they struck on Tuesday under which transfers of personal data between the two regions can proceed.
Google has patched thirteen new vulnerabilities in Android, two of which could allow attackers to take control of Android devices located on the same wireless network, if they have Broadcom Wi-Fi chips.
FireEye said Monday it has acquired Invotas, a company that develops a platform that helps administrators respond faster to security incidents.
By Jeremy Kirk | 02 February, 2016 12:31
The European Commission has outlined the areas in which it wants further concessions from the U.S. before a new Safe Harbor agreement on trans-Atlantic data transfers can be reached.
By Peter Sayer | 02 February, 2016 10:03
When it comes to the problem of stopping errant drones, there's been a number of high-tech solutions. From radio jamming to laser beams to nets launched by other drones, but a group in The Netherlands is proposing a low-tech solution that's much more elegant.
By Martyn Williams | 02 February, 2016 07:28
Over 60 Android games hosted on Google Play had Trojan-like functionality that allowed them to download and execute malicious code hidden inside images.
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Dragula looks to take the bite out of drag-and-drop
- Mozilla sets kill date for Firefox OS on phones
- LTE-U’s cold war may be thawing, as field testing commences ahead of summit
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Fed up with bogus computer support calls, man turns tables on scammers
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
- SamsaraJS: Famo.us fork juices mobile Web UIs
- UN panel backs WikiLeaks' Julian Assange, but he may not go free
- The Neutrino exploit kit has a new way to detect security researchers
- 7 smartphone trends to watch this year
- What businesses need to know about Privacy Shield
- Box makes it easier for businesses to control encryption of cloud data