Point-of-Sale (POS) vendor Task Retail has cut days of data centre downtime by replacing its return-to-base support contract with an on-site service agreement.
By Darren Pauli | 23 April, 2009 10:23
With 56 chemist stores spread across three states, National Pharmacies needed to improve its manual backup process which relied on removable media like tape and DVD.
When TV production company FremantleMedia Australia had an opportunity to move to IP telephony during an office refurbishment, the open source Asterisk proved itself to offer everything required and more for the 150-plus handset deployment.
I've been writing about the use of open source software in business for nearly a decade and during that time I discovered the level of interest in free software to be somewhere between non-existent to various point solutions for routine or mission-critical tasks. It was therefore with pleasant surprise that I was invited to report on the activities of an independent Sydney-based health insurance company, IMAN International Pty Ltd, which has committed to an end-to-end open source strategy and is reaping measurable results.
Cloud, big data and analytics, mobile, social, and IT security have impacted networking – bringing it almost to breaking point. This whitepaper looks at the future of networking to accommodate these evolving trends.
This whitepaper looks at the results from the this is the largest study on the specific topic of changing physical and virtual meeting behaviours and the evolving requirements of the collaborative workforce for virtual collaboration and web conferencing. See why nearly 30% of employees report that the number of meetings they have is increasing, with an average of 10 meetings per week, why one-third of all meetings are ad hoc – impromptu or ‘drive-by’ meetings that are neither pre scheduled nor formal in nature and why the use of old tools and structure are ill-suited for the needs of the new agile, collaborative workforce.
- Computer fires requiring a 911 call rare
- Microsoft delivers Windows 10 .iso files, free eval of Enterprise edition
- Windows 10 launch draws a small group of Microsoft diehards in Boston
- Americas are just 2 weeks away from running out of IPv4 addresses
- Yahoo unveils app for texting with silent video
- HTC to reveal Vive final design and controller details in October
- Maliciously crafted MKV video files can be used to crash Android phones
- After Windows 8 debacle, OEMs wax rhapsodic over Windows 10
- Alibaba eyes cloud computing expansion with $1 billion investment
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, July 29
- Russian hackers use Twitter to mask sneaky data theft
- Ink-shooting game 'Splatoon' helps power Nintendo to profit
- On your mark, get set, update! Windows 10 is here
- Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps