The Australian Football League (AFL) has partnered with Melbourne-based voice recognition company, Inference Communications, to keep on the top of the deluge of calls it receives from supporters during the season.
By Kathryn Edwards | 24 November, 2008 08:34
The Australian operations of Japanese car giant Mazda is replacing five disparate telephone systems with a single IP-PABX and will redevelop its in-house CRM system to modernize its business and communication processes.
I've been writing about the use of open source software in business for nearly a decade and during that time I discovered the level of interest in free software to be somewhere between non-existent to various point solutions for routine or mission-critical tasks. It was therefore with pleasant surprise that I was invited to report on the activities of an independent Sydney-based health insurance company, IMAN International Pty Ltd, which has committed to an end-to-end open source strategy and is reaping measurable results.
City West Water has reduced maintenance costs, eliminated paper based reporting and increased responsiveness with an integrated job management system and a new fleet of Next G handsets.
When Canadian food distributor George Weston Limited moved to Microsoft Office 365, it chose F5 Application Delivery Controllers to centrally manage user traffic to its Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) servers.
Facebook, the world’s largest social networking site, needed to ensure that its remote access portal and Citrix XenApp virtual application environment could provide fast, reliable connectivity and Performance—without becoming a pathway for network intrusion and data theft. Read More
- U.S.-Cuba breakthrough is no slam dunk for Internet
- Judge: No Steve Jobs for you
- Amazon promises one-hour delivery in Manhattan, more locations on the way
- U.S. on Sony breach: North Korea did it
- LG readies webOS TVs with better performance, 4K content
- Microsoft kills EU browser choice screen
- MYOB's engineers speed innovation with microservices
- ATM skimmers strike in Queensland
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' release after threats following cyberattack
- A/NZ telcos to build $86.3 million trans-Tasman submarine cable
- 'Managed cloud' a return to Rackspace's roots, says CTO
- IBM pushes hard into the enterprise cloud
- Forensic software gets around iCloud security features
- Human error root cause of November Microsoft Azure outage