Having trouble installing and setting up Win10? You aren’t alone. Here are a dozen-plus of the most common problems, along with a few solutions
By Woody Leonhard | 08 October, 2015 14:00
Why spend time targeting Active Directory for domain credentials when Outlook Web Application is just as good -- and far easier to compromise?
By Fahmida Y. Rashid | 07 October, 2015 19:43
The acquisition is expected to help accelerate Zend's push into large enterprises
Jack Dorsey is back as CEO at Twitter. So what should Twitter's CEO focus on? Analysts take on what they generally agree should be his top five tasks.
By Sharon Gaudin | 06 October, 2015 15:14
Windows 10's faster update and upgrade tempo requires enterprises to discard habits acquired over decades, a painful change that can be managed.
By Gregg Keizer | 05 October, 2015 15:38
Market share is slipping. And projections by Computerworld, based on the the rate of decline in the up-for-retirement IE editions, now point to between 39% and 41% of those running a Microsoft browser in January being severed from security updates.
By Gregg Keizer | 02 October, 2015 21:25
Apple told devs to validate their copy of Xcode using a simple procedure -- but unless you have Xcode version 7.0, your copy may not pass the test
By Eric Knorr | 24 September, 2015 13:45
Using the validation method recommended by Apple, a check of a Xcode 6.4 -- downloaded from Apple servers -- came up negative. Here's how to check your copy
By Peter Wayner | 23 September, 2015 23:43
From document-graph hybrids to ‘unkillable’ clusters, the next generation of databases offers intrigue and innovation
With Device Guard and Credential Guard, Windows enjoys unprecedented protection from malware and advanced persistent threats
By Fahmida Y. Rashid | 18 September, 2015 13:00
Microsoft has backed off the claim that its pre-loading of Windows 10 on devices whose owners had not reserved the free upgrade was "an industry practice."
By Gregg Keizer | 15 September, 2015 19:41
The pro-grade tablets from Microsoft and Apple may have some things in common, but the strategy behind them is quite different.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 10 September, 2015 04:08
The free upgrade to Windows 10 initially kick-started usage of the new OS, but within a month of its release, gains fell below the threshold set by Windows 7 six years ago.
By Gregg Keizer | 08 September, 2015 21:24
A growing portion of Windows 10 users last month ran the new Edge browser, according to one analytics firm. But another metrics vendor claimed the opposite, saying Edge usage had slipped. Both could be right.
By Gregg Keizer | 03 September, 2015 19:56
Internet users will get some respite from Flash-based attacks since Google and Amazon are stopping Flash ads from displaying
By Fahmida Y. Rashid | 28 August, 2015 20:27
For the first time, Facebook recorded more than a billion active users in a day: Monday saw about 15% of the world's population log in to watch cat videos, argue about politics, stalk ex-lovers, and publicly complain about bad service...
By Richi Jennings | 28 August, 2015 13:24
Salesforce's Aura framework for designing business apps is open source, but you'll have to pay for its drag-and-drop design tools
By Serdar Yegulalp | 28 August, 2015 13:00
The ad-blocking wars were already damaging, but Apple is pushing it to an alarming level
By Galen Gruman | 28 August, 2015 13:00
It’s official, there's a new Win10 Insider Preview build rolling out right now
If you're running Windows 10 RTM (build 10240), you just got Cumulative Update 5 and two other surprises with no pedigree -- and your machine will reboot tonight
Unstructured data formats are much harder to search and analyse than databases or simple text. In this context, ‘big data’ is a challenge, not an advantage. This whitepaper looks at how you can apply a data-centric approach across diverse business areas and shows how, having cracked open the content of unstructured data, your organisation can develop processes and competencies that will reduce costs, improve efficiency and deliver new sources of business value.
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
Cloud, identity management and enterprise mobility technologies can provide significant benefits for business efficiency and promote a collaborative workforce. However, it can often result in conflicts of interests between business heads and IT leaders, both who have different concerns and expectations on how to implement these solutions to benefit the company. <p> This whitepaper looks at how a collaborative approach can benefit both IT and business stakeholders, resulting in increased business flexibility and security. Included in this whitepaper are also 5 step by step considerations for both business and IT leaders to reap the benefits of these platforms by adopting synergistic strategies.
- 3 Takeaways from Amazon’s re:Invent cloud conference
- AWS re:Invent and VMworld: A tale of two conferences
- LogMeIn buying password manager LastPass
- Wi-Fi Alliance reaches for peace over unlicensed LTE
- 7 warnings to heed before a cloud migration
- Facebook splits React library across Web and mobile
- US will not seek legislation against encryption
- Apple removes apps from store that could spy on your data traffic
- Alibaba sets up second data center in the US in $1B cloud expansion
- New California law requires warrants for access to private communications
- Many vulnerabilities in older Huawei 3G routers won't get patched
- New AWS tools give developers high-powered instances, better container support and more
- Qualcomm enters server CPU market with 24-core ARM chip
- Quick iPhone 6S case review: Ballistic Tungsten Tough
- AWS re:Invent 2015: Amazon aims to make AWS a better home for IoT devices