A global Internet governance conference in Brazil concluded Thursday with a strong focus on countering surveillance, including asking for a review of the implications on privacy of existing practices and legislation.
By John Ribeiro | 25 April, 2014 14:02
How do you find the best food recipes or clothing on Pinterest that's just right for you? The site thinks it has a way.
By Zach Miners | 25 April, 2014 12:29
Despite rising costs in research and promotional spending, Chinese search giant Baidu reported net profit was up by over 24 percent in the first quarter on growing ad revenue made through its mobile services.
By Michael Kan | 25 April, 2014 11:41
Google is considering deploying Wi-Fi networks in towns and cities covered by its Google Fiber high-speed Internet service.
By Martyn Williams | 25 April, 2014 09:55
As the second jury trial between Apple and Samsung approaches its conclusion, the companies are sparring over the precise questions the jury will be asked to consider.
By Martyn Williams | 25 April, 2014 08:29
This week on World Tech Update we take you inside the New York Auto Show, where BMW introduced its X5 eDrive concept car.
By Nick Barber and Melissa Aparicio | 25 April, 2014 08:14
Microsoft's profit dropped and its revenue was almost flat in its third fiscal quarter, during which the company replaced Steve Ballmer with Satya Nadella as CEO.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 25 April, 2014 07:38
Combined U.S. business and consumer spending on technology will rise 5.3 percent this year to US$1.315 trillion and 6.0 percent to $1.4 trillion in 2015, thanks to an improving economy and an acceleration in purchases by businesses and government agencies, according to Forrester Research.
By Chris Kanaracus | 25 April, 2014 06:37
Oregon's CIO has recommended state officials adopt the federal government's Healthcare.gov insurance exchange in time to meet a Nov. 15 open enrollment deadline, rather than attempt to fix the troubled site it built along with Oracle.
By Chris Kanaracus | 25 April, 2014 06:11
The four remaining defendants in Silicon Valley's closely watched employee hiring case -- Google, Apple, Adobe and Intel -- have agreed to a settlement, according to a new court filing.
By Zach Miners | 25 April, 2014 06:08
iPad rumors have been rare for months, but April showers seemed to have caused them to burst into bloom.
By John Cox | 25 April, 2014 05:57
Vic Gundotra, the man behind Google Plus and one of Google's most prominent executives, announced today that he will leave the company "effective immediately."
By Jon Gold | 25 April, 2014 05:57
The public cloud market is set for what one analyst firm calls 'hypergrowth.'
By Sharon Gaudin | 25 April, 2014 05:46
Apple exposed iOS users to security threats by taking three weeks longer to patch the same vulnerabilities in the mobile OS that it previously fixed in Safari on OS X, a former Apple security engineer said.
By Lucian Constantin | 25 April, 2014 05:41
San Diego's US$50 million SAP system has ended up tripling employees' workloads for certain types of tasks, but the city has also failed to devote enough attention to training, according to a consultant's report released earlier this month.
By Chris Kanaracus | 25 April, 2014 05:13
Vic Gundotra, a key executive at Google who helped to create Google+, is leaving the company, he announced on Thursday.
By Zach Miners | 25 April, 2014 05:08
A bill that would mandate a kill-switch on all smartphones sold in California failed a key vote in the state's senate on Thursday.
By Martyn Williams | 25 April, 2014 04:51
Facebook is moving into the hot space of fitness tracking by acquiring a Finland-based mobile app maker.
By Zach Miners | 25 April, 2014 04:14
Facebook, looking to provide more valuable news information, is providing a new tool to that will post real-time content related to the day's news.
By Zach Miners | 25 April, 2014 03:16
Learn how every business can improve efficiency, compete better, and deliver compelling user experiences with flash. You'll also gain access to Gartner's 2013 Cool Vendor Report Download our ebook and learn how you can: - Improve efficiency - Compete better - Deliver compelling user experiences
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTContent StrategistNSW
- FTBrand Relationship Manager | RTB Trading Desk | Digital Advertising | SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital Content Manager/Senior Content Manager - CRM/Loyalty FocusNSW
- FTDeliverability SpecialistNSW
The Singapore office was using Exchange as its email server but encountered various issues such as storage capacity limitations and difficulty in managing spam. Adding new users to the server was also a hassle that often required a third party vendor, resulting in a waste of time and resources. Quadmark also experienced email performance issues that slowed down their employees’ response time, leading to frustration among staff and clients. Quadmark’s management felt that it was unacceptable to continue it’s current solution and thus decided to streamline its IT infrastructure alongside its rebranding plans. The business wanted a unified and consolidated email service for its various offices. Quadmark also wanted to be able to house files and documents on the cloud.
- Why Japanese watchmakers have no time for smartwatches
- Surveillance, ICANN transition dominate Brazil NETmundial meeting
- Pinterest puts its posts in the spotlight with 'Guided Search'
- Baidu's profit boosted by mobile ad revenue
- Exclusive: Google mulling Wi-Fi for cities with Google Fiber
- US wireless users may get to share military spectrum
- Apple, Samsung bicker over jury verdict form
- World Tech Update: On the road at the New York Auto Show
- Four growing European startups to keep an eye on
- Microsoft profit drops but devices, consumer products help results
- US tech spending to see 'solid, steady growth' this year and next, Forrester says
- Official urges state to adopt federal Obamacare site, rather than fix one Oracle built
- Google, Apple, Adobe and Intel agree to settle Silicon Valley hiring case
- Wearable device battery could last 10 years
- New iPad rumor rollup for week ending April 23