People testing out the public beta of Microsoft's Azure Stack private cloud system have some new platform services and DevOps tools to play with less than two weeks after it initially launched.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 09 February, 2016 11:35
The increasingly busy enterprise collaboration space got a new entry Monday with Prysm's new platform designed to support dispersed, multidevice workplaces.
Twitter may be getting ready to launch an algorithm that will reorder the way users see tweets on their feeds.
Microsoft has announced that a public preview of the enterprise-specific synchronization of settings, apps and passwords between devices running Windows 10 is now available.
By Gregg Keizer | 09 February, 2016 07:23
Facebook's Free Basics service has been dealt a severe blow by India's telecommunications regulator, which ruled on Monday that telecom service providers are prohibited from charging differently for data depending on the content or the application that the user is accessing.
Mozilla said it was changing Firefox's rigid every-six-week release cadence for a looser schedule that resembles what Google has used for Chrome since 2008.
The open source library exclusively focuses on drag-and-drop, allowing users to move elements around a Web page
Mozilla has spelled out when it plans to halt development of its mobile operating system, Firefox OS.
By Gregg Keizer | 06 February, 2016 07:31
One by one, artificial intelligence has overcome the obstacles set before it. Is this all part of an inevitable trend leading to humanity's obsolescence -- or, at least, unemployment?
By Katherine Noyes | 06 February, 2016 06:54
A UN panel has ruled that the time Julian Assange has spent cooped up in the London embassy of the Ecuador government amounts to arbitrary detention by the U.K. and Sweden, but it is unlikely that the founder of the WikiLeaks whistle-blowing website will walk away free soon.
A working group made up of 10 Fortune 500 customers is urging for easier interoperability between public and private clouds.
By Brandon Butler | 05 February, 2016 06:45
The failure of Microsoft's Edge to attract Windows 10 users has contributed to the company's overall decline in browser share, analysis of recently-published data shows.
By Gregg Keizer | 05 February, 2016 06:06
Data is what makes today's business world go 'round, and IBM on Thursday launched a suite of new tools designed to help companies make the most of what they've got.
By Katherine Noyes | 05 February, 2016 04:35
It’s been almost exactly 10 months since IBM formally launched its analytics-infused messaging system called Verse, and while the company’s announcement of “software for a new way to work” generated a relatively positive blast of press and analyst coverage, buzz about the cloud-first product has dwindled since. So I went in search of signs of excitement, or even signs of life, for Verse upon heading to the IBM Connect conference this week in Orlando.
By Bob Brown | 04 February, 2016 22:47
WikiLeaks' founder Julian Assange will accept arrest by the British police if a UN panel on arbitrary detention rules against him, according to a tweet by the whistle-blowing website.
Microsoft announced Wednesday that its Azure IoT Hub product for managing fleets of devices that feed digital data from the physical world will be generally available on Thursday.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 04 February, 2016 11:55
A jury in Texas has ordered Apple to pay US$626 million for infringing four patents held by a Nevada-based patent licensing company.
By Martyn Williams | 04 February, 2016 09:20
Microsoft's Power BI data visualization service is making it possible for companies to share their business information with the world in an interactive format.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 04 February, 2016 08:48
Google is expanding its Safe Browsing technology to take into account online ads that try to scam users into divulging personal information or downloading malware.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 February, 2016 08:04
Microsoft has begun to deliver the Windows 10 upgrade to eligible Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 PCs through Windows Update.
By Gregg Keizer | 04 February, 2016 06:40
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
Internal and external disruptions can impede business continuity and result in negative repercussions for enterprise productivity and data resources. This whitepaper looks at how improved mobility access can shield companies from unprecedented risks, resulting in greater cost savings and enhanced workforce continuity. It also highlights the benefits of having a mobile workspace technology which enables the workforce to have access to apps, desktops and files in difficult situations. Included are four case studies where organisations are able to demonstrate a high level of business continuity with sound disaster recovery strategies in place.
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- 9 technologies that could cut demand for lawyers, lower legal fees
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Kingston buys encrypted flash drive maker IronKey
- Users await possible Twitter feed change
- Microsoft previews enterprise-grade setting sync in Windows 10
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
- 5G might be your next home broadband service
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Report: Hackers steal, post details on 9,000 DHS employees
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Mozilla moves Firefox to more flexible release schedule
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy