Those customers may begin downloading and installing the same Office 2016 client applications -- Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and others -- that debuted in September 2015.
By Gregg Keizer | 10 February, 2016 23:01
Kingston has purchased Imation's IronKey subsidiary, a maker of encrypted USB drives.
The production of 3D or stacked NAND flash in recent years has led to non-volatile memory exceeding the areal density of HDDs. This means that flash memory products with higher capacity can be built using the same surface area.
Microsoft will pay around $250 million to acquire SwiftKey, the company behind a popular keyboard for iOS and Android, according to a report in the Financial Times Tuesday.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 03 February, 2016 12:08
Mankind has big hopes pinned to the potential of artificial intelligence, but the reality of the matter today is that machines still have a long way to go to catch up with the human brain. Enter Harvard University, which just won a new, $28 million grant to change all that.
Microsoft today announced that its Office Insider preview program now accepts Mac users of Office 365 Home, Personal and University.
By Gregg Keizer | 22 January, 2016 08:02
$48M in funding and Warmenhoven, Morgenthaler on board
By Jim Duffy | 20 January, 2016 08:11
Seagate's first 10TB enterprise-capacity hard drive is also its first use of helium to reduce friction and increase density in a drive as Western Digital has done with several of its drives.
Small businesses that use Kronos workforce-management software will soon be able to tap familiar Google tools in their HR efforts thanks to a new integration project.
By Katherine Noyes | 13 January, 2016 00:14
360 video ecosystem is slowly coming together
By Nick Barber | 11 January, 2016 22:15
It'll take less time to transfer files from a PC with faster USB 3.1 thumb drives announced at CES, which also have more storage capacity.
By Agam Shah | 08 January, 2016 21:38
Mycroft.ai, which is working to create a home AI platform based on Raspberry Pi, Arduino and an extensive in-house software stack, has opened an important part of that stack to developers everywhere as of Wednesday.
December's drop was nearly three times the largest prior single-month contraction.
SanDisk today unveiled what it's calling the world's thinnest 1TB solid-state drive, which comes in an M.2 form factor that's only 1.5mm thick.
By Lucas Carlson | 06 January, 2016 01:36
Computers can be taught to understand many things about the world, but when it comes to predicting what will happen when two objects collide, there's just nothing like real-world experience.
Seagate and its LaCie subsidiary unveiled a new line of mobile and desktop drives, offering users the company's thinnest designs and USB C-type connectivity with up to 10Gbps throughput.
By Lucas Mearian | 05 January, 2016 19:01
At one point, IE held a user share as large as 89.4%; a measurement of unique visitors to the websites of the company's clients, and one of the few proxies for real-world browser adoption.
Google is working on a new messaging app that will employ artificial intelligence to bring some of the company's data smarts to a chat bot service in the software, according to a report in The Wall Street Journal.
NetApp wants to be at the intersection of two hot trends in a rapidly changing storage industry with its planned US$870 million acquisition of startup SolidFire.
NetApp is acquiring startup SolidFire for $US870 million cash for a foothold in the fast-growing market for scale-out flash storage.
By Stephen Lawson | 22 December, 2015 01:13
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCProgrammer/Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Moblie) 160115/AP/P/vhaAsia
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
One of the biggest use cases for the cloud – in fact, the biggest, in the case of hosted private cloud – is for backup and disaster recovery. This white paper explores why the Cloud is well suited for Disaster Recovery and what organisations need to consider to ensure that Cloud DR is right for them.
- Microsoft adds conservative release 'ring' to Windows 10 beta program
- 6 things you should know about Twitter's timeline change
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- Bill filed in Congress would ban encryption backdoors
- Networking company name change madness is upon us
- Browser maker Opera's board urges sale to Chinese collective for $1.2B
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- LG's G5 smartphone to have 'always on' ability
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: A craft beer
- SAP slaps patch on leaky factory software
- Paul McCartney gives Skype some silly love songs
- Microsoft fixes 36 flaws in IE, Edge, Office, Windows, .NET Framework
- Facebook has just 60 days to change its terms and conditions for French users
- Coming to HP's consumer laptops: Smoother video with AMD's FreeSync
- Microsoft delivers Office 2016 to subscribers on the slow train