Here are some things that IT management can do to identify problems in a timely manner.
By Bart Perkins | 21 April, 2014 20:33
There is no one 'best.' All we can really do is determine the best smartphone for you.
By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols | 21 April, 2014 20:33
There's no question that today's Microsoft is a whole new company. Many of the changes announced under the leadership of CEO Satya Nadella were initiated under his predecessor, Steve Ballmer. But it's clear that it's a whole new Microsoft.
By Mike Elgan | 05 April, 2014 22:24
With its Enterprise Mobility Suite, Microsoft will make it easier for companies to manage a range of devices, including those running Apple's iOS and Google's Android. It's a smart move, says columnist Ryan Faas.
By Ryan Faas | 04 April, 2014 21:15
Premier 100 IT Leader Doris Peek also answers questions on the value of education and of learning about the business.
By Doris Peek | 04 April, 2014 03:01
The end of Microsoft support is fast approaching, and the company still has a lot of machines running the old Windows operating system.
By J.F. Rice | 02 April, 2014 02:52
OSs will still matter to developers and engineers, but ordinary users are going to be more and more in the cloud, where their OS doesn't matter at all.
By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols | 24 March, 2014 10:37
Anyone who wants to see how convoluted Microsoft licensing can be should check out the company's Licensing How To blog, where officials answer questions from customers and explain policies, concepts and how to apply usage rules in specific scenarios.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 19 March, 2014 13:30
The data transfer speed improvements that Seagate has made to their drives is remarkably impressive.
By Keith Shaw | 12 March, 2014 22:15
Premier 100 IT Leader Stuart Kippelman also answers questions on career growth.
By Stuart Kippelman | 04 March, 2014 12:58
More and more for Windows users, there's no OS like an old OS.
By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols | 24 February, 2014 17:46
While clinging to the 11-year-old OS after Microsoft issues its last security patch in April is defensible, the security risks are going to keep mounting.
By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols | 18 February, 2014 16:03
While the path-to-mastery pattern is conceptually simple, successfully executing it requires courage, perseverance and patience.
By Thornton A. May | 10 February, 2014 11:38
When two parties are in conflict, they don't have to agree in order to respect and learn from each other's perspective.
By Paul Glen | 06 February, 2014 14:08
The choice of Satya Nadella as CEO suggests that the consumer-market party is over for the company, as it turns its attention to the unglamorous world of infrastructure.
By Jonny Evans | 05 February, 2014 12:28
Google hasn't been anyone's idea of an ethical beacon in recent years.
By Ron Miller | 03 February, 2014 15:25
Microsoft appears to be backing off on its biggest user interface fiasco since Microsoft Bob: In the Windows 8.1 update, the desktop rather than Metro reportedly will be the default interface.
By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols | 31 January, 2014 22:42
Yes, Windows 8's been a failure. It's been worse than Vista. But is the solution really to push out a new operating system in double-quick time?
By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols | 16 January, 2014 16:26
What went wrong? The answer could keep your IT team from a similar design fiasco.
By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols | 13 January, 2014 11:36
Learn how every business can improve efficiency, compete better, and deliver compelling user experiences with flash. You'll also gain access to Gartner's 2013 Cool Vendor Report Download our ebook and learn how you can: - Improve efficiency - Compete better - Deliver compelling user experiences
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTBrand Relationship Manager | RTB Trading Desk | Digital Advertising | SydneyNSW
- FTMicrosoft Business Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTContent StrategistNSW
- FTDigital Content Manager/Senior Content Manager - CRM/Loyalty FocusNSW
- FTDeliverability SpecialistNSW
Delivering more products, heightened quality and shortened customers with flawless execution and minimal business interruption defines your supply chain success. This report discusses a newly developed end-to-end solution with the right tools to efficiently procure, assemble, ship and deliver the goods your customers want, when they want them.
- Toshiba, SanDisk NAND flash memory shrinks to 15-nanometer process
- Bing for schools out of pilot stage, promises ad-free search
- NSA spying revelations have tired out China's Huawei
- Brazil's senate passes Internet legislation ahead of NETmundial conference
- US to vote on sharp increase in broadband subsidies
- Coding error protects some Android apps from Heartbleed
- Optus Satellite extends NZ market reach with Wireless Nation deal
- Dorian Nakamoto thanks Bitcoin users for donations
- While Heartbleed distracts, hackers hit US universities
- Should Australians prepare for rubber-hose cryptanalysis?
- Violin and Microsoft play a duet to speed up applications
- Phone buyers are hanging up on subsidies, AT&T says
- Reddit demotes technology subthread after posts were deleted
- What kind of tablet does $5000 get you?
- In Pictures: 10 great Android apps for IT pros