Oregon has filed a long-expected lawsuit against Oracle over its role developing the state's troubled health insurance exchange website, alleging the vendor fraudulently induced Oregon to pay hundreds of millions of dollars for software and services that didn't work as promised.
By Chris Kanaracus | 23 August, 2014 06:00
OnBeep is readying a wearable device that will let smartphone users initiate a voice chat with a pre-defined group of people, walkie-talkie style, and to support its development the startup announced Wednesday it has closed a US$6.25 million funding round.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 21 August, 2014 01:53
It's not surprising that former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer abruptly gave up his board seat some six months after leaving the top job, and the move should help cement the regime and strategy of his successor Satya Nadella, according to several industry observers.
By Chris Kanaracus | 20 August, 2014 07:01
About six months after retiring as CEO of Microsoft, Steve Ballmer has relinquished his seat on the company's board of directors effective immediately, citing a busy schedule and confidence in the company's current and future financial performance.
By Chris Kanaracus | 20 August, 2014 04:35
Rimini Street has put on a brave face following a federal judge's determination that it stole Oracle's intellectual property in the course of providing software support to its customers.
By Chris Kanaracus | 16 August, 2014 03:07
Seven out of the 10 most pirated films this week are not legally available for digital purchase in Australia, according to a new website by Electronic Frontiers Australia.
By Adam Bender | 15 August, 2014 13:48
A federal judge has dismissed a defamation claim against Oracle by third-party support vendor Rimini Street, saying Oracle was telling the truth when it accused the company of "massive theft" of its software.
By Chris Kanaracus | 15 August, 2014 08:34
In what could be a pre-emptive strike against Netflix, Foxtel has halved the price of its subscription video streaming service to $9.99 per month, Presto.
By Adam Bender | 15 August, 2014 08:00
Forrester has cut its worldwide IT spending forecast for this year, saying growth will be 3.3 per cent in US dollars, rather than 6.2 per cent. Total spending will be $US2.2 trillion.
By Chris Kanaracus | 14 August, 2014 06:26
Oracle has sued Oregon for breach of contract, seeking more than US$20 million in fees the state is withholding for its work on Cover Oregon, a troubled insurance exchange website developed as part of President Barack Obama's health care policy overhaul.
By Chris Kanaracus | 12 August, 2014 04:13
IBM hopes to expand its customer base and sell to executives outside of IT, including marketers, with a new set of consulting services that can be bought online with a credit card.
By Chris Kanaracus | 07 August, 2014 03:49
Oregon's effort to transition its health insurance exchange from a problem-wracked website originally developed by Oracle to the federal Healthcare.gov platform is going according to schedule and expectations, state officials said this week.
By Chris Kanaracus | 02 August, 2014 04:03
Rimini Street is continuing to rapidly grow revenue for its third-party software support business despite its ongoing litigation with Oracle.
By Chris Kanaracus | 29 July, 2014 04:29
Businesses can communicate with each other using different videoconferencing products with a B2B service announced by Telstra.
By Adam Bender | 28 July, 2014 10:26
Salesforce.com is combining its Pardot marketing software, sales automation application and social communities platform into a new product called Sales Reach, which it says can help salespeople nurture leads and make deals in real time.
By Chris Kanaracus | 24 July, 2014 22:01
Tata Consultancy Services posted strong revenue and profit growth in the second quarter, taking advantage of an uptick in the outsourcing market.
By John Ribeiro | 17 July, 2014 23:51
Cloud providers seeking business from EU institutions could become subject to more scrutiny from the European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS).
By Loek Essers | 15 July, 2014 23:31
Indian outsourcer Infosys said its revenue and profit grew in the second quarter as the company won some large deals in the period.
By John Ribeiro | 11 July, 2014 18:30
The explosive growth of public cloud services has generated a parallel problem: How can companies, especially small businesses and freelancers without the benefit of a dedicated procurement department, filter the flood of choices available for every type of business software and find the one that's best for them?
By Chris Kanaracus | 10 July, 2014 00:33
We sat down recently with executives from 8x8 to talk about their growth as a Unified Communications provider and about the overall industry trend toward replacing traditional PSTN voice service and infrastructure with VoIP. The discussion comes on the heels of a solid fiscal year for the company, which saw total revenues for fiscal 2014 increase by 24% over fiscal 2013; 8x8's fiscal year ended March 31, 2014.
By Larry Hettick | 07 July, 2014 23:05
- FTCampaign Managers| RTB / Programmatic | Expression of InterestNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTDigital Media PlannerNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager X 3 | Display + Video advertisingNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
This whitepaper presents IDC's insights about implementing an internal or "private" cloud technology model and how this strategy can allow IT organizations to respond to and support business demand with dynamic business agility.
- Report: Amazon building ad system to compete with Google's
- Airbnb to reveal 124 New York hosts to attorney general
- US warns 'significant number' of major businesses hit by Backoff malware
- Trade-in volume signals 'tremendous' sales for iPhone 6
- HP loses its leader on NFV, a key carrier network trend
- iPhone 6 rumor rollup for the week ending Aug. 22
- Google acquires Gecko Design for next-generation products
- Oregon sues Oracle over troubled health insurance website
- Cyborg moths could act like living drones in search and rescue
- SAP takes steps to simplify pricing and licensing
- Inexpensive Windows PCs hitting the market with help from Microsoft
- Study disputes predictions of coming spectrum crunch
- IBM turns to local rival for help as China gets tougher for foreign firms
- Security spending gets boost from mobile, social and cloud, says Gartner
- Microsoft engineer: 'Definitely problems' with test process after crippling Windows patch