A new app launched by Telstra allows calls to be made over a landline service while using a compatible mobile device instead of a standard home phone handset.
By Rohan Pearce | 08 September, 2015 16:14
A federal judge made a ruling this week that could force tens of thousands of foreign workers, many of whom are employed at tech companies on student visas, to return to their home countries early next year.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 15 August, 2015 06:10
The gold standard for corporate networks today is MPLS, but carrier pricing issues and MPLS's failure to play well with new, cost-efficient forms of network access are causing problems for the legion of enterprise customers that rely on it.
By Hank Levine | 15 August, 2015 00:49
Digium has launched open source SDKs that aim to make it easier for developers to add voice and video calling, instant messaging, and push notifications to their Android and iOS apps.
By Mikael Ricknäs | 12 August, 2015 02:11
Optus has launched an app for iPhones and Android handsets that allow voice calls and text messaging over Wi-Fi connections.
By Rohan Pearce | 11 August, 2015 13:45
Telecom carriers must get permission from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to replace their copper networks with Internet Protocol-based systems if the change will result in discontinued or reduced voice services for customers.
By Grant Gross | 07 August, 2015 05:59
China moving cops on-site at Internet companies... Do-Not-Track gets some bite...Lollipop lag shows Android is really fragmented...and more tech news.
By IDG News Service staff | 05 August, 2015 21:23
Microsoft has finally begun rolling out support for syncing shared folders to a user's computer through its OneDrive cloud storage service.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 04 August, 2015 07:34
Offshore outsourcing firms that do most of their work in India remain the largest users of the H-1B visa for computer-related jobs, seemingly unaffected by the odds of the visa lottery, according to new data.
By Patrick Thibodeau, Sharon Machlis | 30 July, 2015 19:57
Microsoft will be making two services generally available as part of the company's push to improve the security of businesses' data.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 23 July, 2015 03:11
Microsoft is said to be paying $320 million to acquire Adallom, a Cloud security provider whose services might help Microsoft in its new push toward becoming a "Cloud-first" company.
By Zach Miners | 21 July, 2015 05:25
Microsoft's argument that the U.S. faces a shortage of people with STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) skills isn't helped by the <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/article/2945047/microsoft-windows/microsoft-said-to-plan-more-staff-layoffs.html">7,800 layoffs it announced last week</a>.
By Patrick Thibodeau | 13 July, 2015 20:12
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission may require the country's telecom carriers to warn residential and business customers about their plans to abandon old, copper telephone networks for IP-based systems.
By Grant Gross | 11 July, 2015 03:04
Microsoft's Power BI data visualization and business intelligence service will be generally available in two weeks, marking a major milestone for the new product.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 11 July, 2015 01:02
Vodafone's new Ericsson-designed network is now being used for all 4G data by the telco's customers.
By Rohan Pearce | 08 July, 2015 14:01
Snowflake Computing announced Tuesday that its cloud-based data warehouse service is available to all users.
By Blair Hanley Frank | 24 June, 2015 07:41
Privacy group demands Uber probe... Europol hunts Isis online... Oracle goes all-in on the cloud... and more tech news.
By IDG News Service staff | 23 June, 2015 21:13
Taylor Swift shames Apple into paying musicians royalties during streaming trial
By IDG News Service staff | 22 June, 2015 21:24
Microsoft on Friday said it would soon tweak the Windows 10 preview program as its engineers push toward the July 29 launch of the final code to customers.
By Gregg Keizer | 21 June, 2015 00:34
Research shows that 94% of CIOs believe that enterprise mobility has become an important part of their enterprise IT strategy. While there are many benefits for business, there are still risks when it comes to security. This whitepaper looks at the steps all organisations to take when it comes to supporting a mobile workforce.
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
This infographic compares legacy backup solutions with modern data protection solutions, showing legacy backups shortcomings in pivotal areas of data protection, such as application awareness, support for cloud tiers and more. Check out this infographic to learn why modern data solutions deliver more benefits than legacy backups.
- Apple removes apps from store that could spy on your data traffic
- Alibaba sets up second data center in the US in $1B cloud expansion
- New California law requires warrants for access to private communications
- Many vulnerabilities in older Huawei 3G routers won't get patched
- New AWS tools give developers high-powered instances, better container support and more
- Qualcomm enters server CPU market with 24-core ARM chip
- Quick iPhone 6S case review: Ballistic Tungsten Tough
- AWS re:Invent 2015: Amazon aims to make AWS a better home for IoT devices
- Dell's next 'AFTE' software robot will offer cognitive intelligence
- Adidas to 3D print custom insoles in sneakers
- AT&T kicks off Wi-Fi calling years after T-Mobile
- AWS re:Invent 2015: AWS Mobile Hub streamlines app dev
- Microsoft's Surface Book to reignite OEM hostility
- Microsoft links Power BI to Alteryx for deeper analytics
- SHA-1 hashing algorithm could succumb to $75K attack, researchers say