Three new services -- Flow, Glip and Slingshot -- try to enhance the ability of teams to converse and collaborate using a variety of tools.
By David Strom | 23 July, 2014 20:36
As applications move to the cloud, network managers are seeing increasing requirements to optimize and manage WAN connections. Most enterprises have migrated to web-based applications and make heavy use of Internet services for day-to-day business. All of this makes network performance a key factor for productivity and end-user satisfaction.
By Joel Snyder | 11 November, 2013 12:13
As businesses make more use of social networks, the number of engagement, analysis and monitoring tools has exploded. Enterprises are trying to understand their return on social media investments, to find out if their Twitter and Facebook marketing campaigns are actually delivering customers. They want to track social mentions across multiple networks and be responsive to both kudos and complaints.
By David Strom | 25 March, 2013 13:51
Even the most high-end smartphones and tablets today still have less-than-stellar speakers. We test four mobile Bluetooth speakers to see how they can improve your sound.
By Barbara Krasnoff | 22 March, 2013 11:09
We look at 7 online videoconferencing services that help colleagues and friends keep in touch, share screens and collaborate on presentations.
By Serdar Yegulalp | 18 December, 2012 11:17
As more people telecommute, having a reliable way to connect via desktop video conferencing takes on greater importance. And for employees working in the office, Web-based meetings are a cheaper and less time consuming alternative to business travel.
By David Strom | 22 October, 2012 13:41
We set up a variety of meetings on each of the services and then connected via different desktops, browsers, and mobile clients to see how each displayed the meeting content and handled the audio connection.
By David Strom | 22 October, 2012 04:48
Even as social networking continues to gain in popularity, email remains the undisputed workhorse of messaging, far eclipsing all other forms of electronic communication. Email administration can be a costly function, especially for small to midsized organizations, and many administrators are looking for alternatives to enterprise-sized (and priced) commercial products.
Choosing a mail server is never an easy task. Email management itself is a complex endeavor, and this is reflected in the wide variety of tools we choose to create, edit, send, organize and reply to the vast numbers of email messages that crisscross the globe on a daily basis.
Even with all the online storage now available, sharing files -- especially large ones -- can still be a problem. We look at 10 online services that aim to make it simpler.
Thanks to real attention to usability and meaningful features, Samsung's flagship takes its place as the Android front-runner
HTC's Droid Incredible 4G LTE is not the sexiest smartphone on the market, but it offers great sound and Android 4.0 for a reasonable price.
Seagates new line of Backup Plus drives is a convenient way to ensure data from your computer and from social networking sites is backed up.
We take a hands-on look at 10 e-commerce tools that can help businesses large and small sell products and/or services online. Insider (registration required)
From network services and storage to virtualization and private cloud, the beefy new Windows Server leaves no server role unturned
Samsung's Galaxy S III is one of the most hotly anticipated Android phones ever. So does it actually live up to all the hype?
Google launched the Chrome OS in late 2010 and has continued to update it despite lukewarm reception by the public toward the platform's model: a browser-centered OS running on a lightweight, minimally-spec'd notebook meant to be used with an always-on Internet connection.
NetSuite offers extensive ERP, CRM, and other business management functionality to organizations that recognize the value proposition associated with SaaS
A new service called Fluent promises to revolutionize the way you use Gmail. We put it to the test to see what it's really all about.
Monitoring services from Boundary, Circonus, and Librato combine simple setup and richly different capabilities
Benefits based on Forrester Consulting Study “The Total Economic Impact of Converging SAP Landscapes on Vblock™ Systems”
- FTStrategic Account Manager - Google AnalyticsNSW
- FTData Product SpecialistNSW
- FTSEM Specialist - SEM AnalystNSW
- FTClient Service Director - Search: SEO & PPCNSW
- FTDigital Performance Manager - MediaNSW
- FTAccount Manager - DataNSW
- FTCampaign Managers | Programmatic / RTB | Display + Video | Trading desk |SydneyNSW
The increasing sophistication, frequency, and diversity of today’s network attacks are overwhelming conventional stateful security devices at the edge of the data center. A new data center architecture based on application delivery firewall solutions will effectively combat modern attacks while providing significant CapEx savings.
- Cook trounces Nadella in 2014 tech pay package tussle
- Data warehouse-as-a-service startup Snowflake comes out of stealth
- Mac revenue tops iPad as Apple sells record 5.5M computers
- One week after patch, Flash vulnerability already exploited in large-scale attacks
- Keep calm and plug the holes
- Candidates for EU's data protection job heard by the European Parliament
- Nadella's 2014 comp package tops $84M
- Citrix's ShareFile gets document signing thanks to acquisition
- Alibaba's mobile OS in China boosted by Meizu partnership
- Virtual reality gains a small foothold in the enterprise
- Your online TV watching is now being tracked across devices
- Samsung Knox devices approved for government use by NSA
- Laptops to be managed more like mobiles: AirWatch CEO
- In brief: Ooyala steps into ads arena with Videoplaza
- Apple's Yosemite OS shares Spotlight search terms by default