Three new services -- Flow, Glip and Slingshot -- try to enhance the ability of teams to converse and collaborate using a variety of tools.
By David Strom | 23 July, 2014 20:36
As applications move to the cloud, network managers are seeing increasing requirements to optimize and manage WAN connections. Most enterprises have migrated to web-based applications and make heavy use of Internet services for day-to-day business. All of this makes network performance a key factor for productivity and end-user satisfaction.
By Joel Snyder | 11 November, 2013 12:13
As businesses make more use of social networks, the number of engagement, analysis and monitoring tools has exploded. Enterprises are trying to understand their return on social media investments, to find out if their Twitter and Facebook marketing campaigns are actually delivering customers. They want to track social mentions across multiple networks and be responsive to both kudos and complaints.
By David Strom | 25 March, 2013 13:51
Even the most high-end smartphones and tablets today still have less-than-stellar speakers. We test four mobile Bluetooth speakers to see how they can improve your sound.
By Barbara Krasnoff | 22 March, 2013 11:09
We look at 7 online videoconferencing services that help colleagues and friends keep in touch, share screens and collaborate on presentations.
By Serdar Yegulalp | 18 December, 2012 11:17
As more people telecommute, having a reliable way to connect via desktop video conferencing takes on greater importance. And for employees working in the office, Web-based meetings are a cheaper and less time consuming alternative to business travel.
By David Strom | 22 October, 2012 13:41
We set up a variety of meetings on each of the services and then connected via different desktops, browsers, and mobile clients to see how each displayed the meeting content and handled the audio connection.
By David Strom | 22 October, 2012 04:48
Even as social networking continues to gain in popularity, email remains the undisputed workhorse of messaging, far eclipsing all other forms of electronic communication. Email administration can be a costly function, especially for small to midsized organizations, and many administrators are looking for alternatives to enterprise-sized (and priced) commercial products.
Choosing a mail server is never an easy task. Email management itself is a complex endeavor, and this is reflected in the wide variety of tools we choose to create, edit, send, organize and reply to the vast numbers of email messages that crisscross the globe on a daily basis.
Even with all the online storage now available, sharing files -- especially large ones -- can still be a problem. We look at 10 online services that aim to make it simpler.
Thanks to real attention to usability and meaningful features, Samsung's flagship takes its place as the Android front-runner
HTC's Droid Incredible 4G LTE is not the sexiest smartphone on the market, but it offers great sound and Android 4.0 for a reasonable price.
Seagates new line of Backup Plus drives is a convenient way to ensure data from your computer and from social networking sites is backed up.
We take a hands-on look at 10 e-commerce tools that can help businesses large and small sell products and/or services online. Insider (registration required)
From network services and storage to virtualization and private cloud, the beefy new Windows Server leaves no server role unturned
Samsung's Galaxy S III is one of the most hotly anticipated Android phones ever. So does it actually live up to all the hype?
Google launched the Chrome OS in late 2010 and has continued to update it despite lukewarm reception by the public toward the platform's model: a browser-centered OS running on a lightweight, minimally-spec'd notebook meant to be used with an always-on Internet connection.
NetSuite offers extensive ERP, CRM, and other business management functionality to organizations that recognize the value proposition associated with SaaS
A new service called Fluent promises to revolutionize the way you use Gmail. We put it to the test to see what it's really all about.
Monitoring services from Boundary, Circonus, and Librato combine simple setup and richly different capabilities
Flash storage represents a quantum leap from the storage layer in terms of performance, however it is crucial companies understand their I/O profile in order to formulate a successful storage strategy. Find out in this eBook how flash storage can be beneficial for enterprises and useful questions to ask before making an informed decision on the purchase.
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Server EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
Internal and external disruptions can impede business continuity and result in negative repercussions for enterprise productivity and data resources. This whitepaper looks at how improved mobility access can shield companies from unprecedented risks, resulting in greater cost savings and enhanced workforce continuity. It also highlights the benefits of having a mobile workspace technology which enables the workforce to have access to apps, desktops and files in difficult situations. Included are four case studies where organisations are able to demonstrate a high level of business continuity with sound disaster recovery strategies in place.
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Most enterprises plan to boost cloud use this year
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- GitHub apologizes for ignoring community concerns
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Five sue Apple over Error 53 and bricked iPhones
- AT&T to run field trials of 5G wireless in Austin this year
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too