Three new services -- Flow, Glip and Slingshot -- try to enhance the ability of teams to converse and collaborate using a variety of tools.
By David Strom | 23 July, 2014 20:36
As applications move to the cloud, network managers are seeing increasing requirements to optimize and manage WAN connections. Most enterprises have migrated to web-based applications and make heavy use of Internet services for day-to-day business. All of this makes network performance a key factor for productivity and end-user satisfaction.
By Joel Snyder | 11 November, 2013 12:13
As businesses make more use of social networks, the number of engagement, analysis and monitoring tools has exploded. Enterprises are trying to understand their return on social media investments, to find out if their Twitter and Facebook marketing campaigns are actually delivering customers. They want to track social mentions across multiple networks and be responsive to both kudos and complaints.
By David Strom | 25 March, 2013 13:51
Even the most high-end smartphones and tablets today still have less-than-stellar speakers. We test four mobile Bluetooth speakers to see how they can improve your sound.
By Barbara Krasnoff | 22 March, 2013 11:09
We look at 7 online videoconferencing services that help colleagues and friends keep in touch, share screens and collaborate on presentations.
By Serdar Yegulalp | 18 December, 2012 11:17
As more people telecommute, having a reliable way to connect via desktop video conferencing takes on greater importance. And for employees working in the office, Web-based meetings are a cheaper and less time consuming alternative to business travel.
By David Strom | 22 October, 2012 13:41
We set up a variety of meetings on each of the services and then connected via different desktops, browsers, and mobile clients to see how each displayed the meeting content and handled the audio connection.
By David Strom | 22 October, 2012 04:48
Even as social networking continues to gain in popularity, email remains the undisputed workhorse of messaging, far eclipsing all other forms of electronic communication. Email administration can be a costly function, especially for small to midsized organizations, and many administrators are looking for alternatives to enterprise-sized (and priced) commercial products.
Choosing a mail server is never an easy task. Email management itself is a complex endeavor, and this is reflected in the wide variety of tools we choose to create, edit, send, organize and reply to the vast numbers of email messages that crisscross the globe on a daily basis.
Even with all the online storage now available, sharing files -- especially large ones -- can still be a problem. We look at 10 online services that aim to make it simpler.
Thanks to real attention to usability and meaningful features, Samsung's flagship takes its place as the Android front-runner
HTC's Droid Incredible 4G LTE is not the sexiest smartphone on the market, but it offers great sound and Android 4.0 for a reasonable price.
Seagates new line of Backup Plus drives is a convenient way to ensure data from your computer and from social networking sites is backed up.
We take a hands-on look at 10 e-commerce tools that can help businesses large and small sell products and/or services online. Insider (registration required)
From network services and storage to virtualization and private cloud, the beefy new Windows Server leaves no server role unturned
Samsung's Galaxy S III is one of the most hotly anticipated Android phones ever. So does it actually live up to all the hype?
Google launched the Chrome OS in late 2010 and has continued to update it despite lukewarm reception by the public toward the platform's model: a browser-centered OS running on a lightweight, minimally-spec'd notebook meant to be used with an always-on Internet connection.
NetSuite offers extensive ERP, CRM, and other business management functionality to organizations that recognize the value proposition associated with SaaS
A new service called Fluent promises to revolutionize the way you use Gmail. We put it to the test to see what it's really all about.
Monitoring services from Boundary, Circonus, and Librato combine simple setup and richly different capabilities
Research shows that 94% of CIOs believe that enterprise mobility has become an important part of their enterprise IT strategy. While there are many benefits for business, there are still risks when it comes to security. This whitepaper looks at the steps all organisations to take when it comes to supporting a mobile workforce.
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
This paper examines enterprise-class snapshot technologies, discussing use cases for snapshots as well as classic challenges associated with using snapshot technologies in pure hard disk drive (HDD)–based arrays. It then looks at a snapshot implementation from EMC on its XtremIO all-flash array (AFA), exploring the advantages that flash media and a new design point can provide in the use of snapshot technology.
- New AWS tools give developers high-powered instances, better container support and more
- Qualcomm enters server CPU market with 24-core ARM chip
- Quick iPhone 6S case review: Ballistic Tungsten Tough
- AWS re:Invent 2015: Amazon aims to make AWS a better home for IoT devices
- Dell's next 'AFTE' software robot will offer cognitive intelligence
- Adidas to 3D print custom insoles in sneakers
- AT&T kicks off Wi-Fi calling years after T-Mobile
- AWS re:Invent 2015: AWS Mobile Hub streamlines app dev
- Microsoft's Surface Book to reignite OEM hostility
- Microsoft links Power BI to Alteryx for deeper analytics
- SHA-1 hashing algorithm could succumb to $75K attack, researchers say
- IBM chases Intel with new Power-based Linux servers sold over the Web
- How the cloud gives Major League Baseball a new world of stats
- Amazon touts improved cloud security at re:Invent
- Microsoft gets an earful as Office for Mac 2016 users amp ire over crashes