In Pictures: 9 open source Big Data technologies to watch
With more and more companies storing more and more data and hoping to leverage it for actionable insights, Big Data is making a big splash these days. Open source technology is at the core of most Big Data initiatives. Here are nine key open source Big Data technologies to keep an eye on.
- Are we ready for a mobile-first world?
- Smartphone chips could replace server processors in HPC, researchers say
- Google pursuing broad wireless project for emerging markets, report says
- Schnucks wants federal court to handle data breach lawsuit
- Proposed law would make reprogramming cellphone IDs a crime
- Puppet gets a more expressive configuration language
- iPhone 6 rumour rollup for the week ending May 24
- iPad 5 rumour rollup for the week ending May 23
- Is Google trying to swipe Waze from under Facebook's nose?
- Public cloud shakeup: VMware in, Dell out, and OpenStack in limbo?
- Reports: FTC examining Google's display ads
- Researchers warn of increased Zeus malware activity this year
- Google, Facebook launch bidding war for Waze
- Google ready to start shipping Glass to #ifihadglass Explorers
- Vanishing into thin [MacBook] Air: Shortages signal WWDC refresh