In pictures: Mondo datacentres
Think you have to manage a lot of IT gear? These massive facilities - each at least 100,000 square feet and most much larger than that - house thousands of servers and process millions of documents, images and videos every day.
- Google: Weak XMPP support, capabilities led us to proprietary tech in Hangouts
- Are we ready for a mobile-first world?
- Smartphone chips could replace server processors in HPC, researchers say
- Google pursuing broad wireless project for emerging markets, report says
- Schnucks wants federal court to handle data breach lawsuit
- Proposed law would make reprogramming cellphone IDs a crime
- Puppet gets a more expressive configuration language
- iPhone 6 rumour rollup for the week ending May 24
- iPad 5 rumour rollup for the week ending May 23
- Is Google trying to swipe Waze from under Facebook's nose?
- Public cloud shakeup: VMware in, Dell out, and OpenStack in limbo?
- Reports: FTC examining Google's display ads
- Researchers warn of increased Zeus malware activity this year
- Google, Facebook launch bidding war for Waze
- Google ready to start shipping Glass to #ifihadglass Explorers