The explosion of smartphones and tablets in the workplace means that confidential information is now not only spread throughout your organization on servers and desktops, it is also being stored on mobile devices – which are prone to loss or theft – and being transmitted from these mobile devices beyond the control of your organization. It is easy for employees to disseminate – whether accidentally or intentionally – sensitive business data outside the organization with a simple action – e.g., upload employee healthcare records to the public cloud via a cloud storage app.
- Plug-and-play Android security layer outlined by NC State researchers
- AT&T to get the M8 for Windows, too; it's not just Verizon
- R programming language gaining ground on traditional statistics packages
- How can the Internet have too many routes and not enough addresses?
- OnBeep developing walkie-talkie type wearable for mobile devices
- Samsung builds custom Galaxy Tab 4 Nook tablet with Barnes & Noble
- Linux Foundation to offer new certification for IT workers
- Tablets with voice calling functions take off in Asia
- Start-up offers up endpoint detection and response for behavior-based malware detection
- Samsung to lure buyers for its smart TVs with new games, Skype group calls
- Apple preps final non-security Mavericks update
- As Ebola death toll rises, scientists work on nanotech cure
- Twitter to remove images of deceased upon request
- Government paying 'outrageous' sums to Telstra for NBN: Vodafone CEO
- Vodafone IP core upgrade to bring voice to 4G