802.11n - News, Features, and Slideshows
802.11ac is all the rage, and rightfully so. It represents another fundamental change in the innovation of the Wi-Fi 802.11 protocol that promises to boost wireless LAN speeds into the gigabit world.
By David Callisch, VP of marketing, Ruckus Wireless | 21 June, 2013 19:20
Even though users typically only notice the major changes designed to improve the performance of Wi-Fi, the 802.11 specifications are constantly under development. For every "public" change there are five background changes, some of which are significant.
By Jay Botelho, director of product marketing, WildPackets | 04 December, 2012 14:56
When is a wireless router not just a wireless router? Belkin's answer: When it's a total pain. That's why it introduced four new 802.11n Wi-Fi routers, ranging from $50 to $130, that come with a set of applications designed to help you use your wireless network for backing up, playing music and movies, setting up file transfers, and speeding up important Internet traffic without having to muck around in arcane menus
By Patrick Miller | 26 March, 2010 07:02
As IT evolves to support everything from virtualized desktops to mobile and social networking, new advances promise to change the way the business side of the house gets the job done. Here's a look at some of IT departments' game-changing technologies and how they affect the everyday worker.
By Joanne Cummings | 21 October, 2008 10:13
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
There’s no question that Dev/Ops needs to automate deployments. The question is how? What’s the first step, what are the milestones, what are the pitfalls to avoid? This infographic shows best practice recommendations for automating deployments for continuous delivery. You’ll find: Gartner's, Ovum's and Forrester’s future predictions, how continuous delivery makes testing easier and more manageable and key benefits and best practices for implementing continuous delivery.
- HP enterprise chief Bill Veghte to depart before company split
- Apple loses e-book antitrust appeal
- Robot apocalypse unlikely, but researchers need to understand AI risks
- Amazon releases open source cryptographic module
- EU sets June 2017 as date to end mobile roaming charges
- Cisco plans to buy security-as-a-service provider OpenDNS
- FIDO two-factor authentication goes wireless
- Cisco to buy OpenDNS to boost Security Everywhere initiative
- Fon keeps adding Wi-Fi hotspots, but struggles to crack the US
- Google asks for, and gets, extra time to respond to European antitrust charges
- Huawei's Honor brand strives to become global
- Workday spans finance and HR with real-time planning tool
- Update: Google, Microsoft, Oracle back new R Consortium at Linux Foundation
- AllSeen cuts the ribbon on a bridge to other IoT worlds
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Tuesday, June 30