AAPT CEO - News, Features, and Slideshows
An investigation by Australian Privacy Commissioner, Timothy Pilgrim, has found that AAPT breached the Privacy Act by failing to protect customer data from unauthorised access.
By Hamish Barwick | 16 October, 2013 12:47
It makes more sense to roll out fibre-to-the-node (FTTN) for the National Broadband Network (NBN) than the government's current fibre-to-the-premises (FTTP) approach, according to the CEO of internet service provider AAPT.
By Stephanie McDonald | 06 November, 2012 14:00
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
New attack types combine known and unknown threats to exploit “unknown” vulnerabilities. Attackers are also hiding malware inside documents, websites, hosts and networks. These attacks have many purposes such as financial and ideological motives. They focus on stealing data, sabotaging business continuity, or damaging a company’s reputation.
- Does he stay or go? Parsing Apple's promotion of designer Jony Ive
- AdBlock Plus again declared legal by a German court
- Senate to return early to debate phone dragnet
- EU plans mandatory cross-border rules to fight corporate tax evasion
- Android stutters while iOS shines during Q1
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, May 27
- Computer chips made of wood promise greener electronics
- Inquiry to examine potential of ICT-enabled infrastructure
- US sides with Oracle in Java copyright dispute with Google
- Interpol pushes for more use of biometrics to ID terrorists
- Lenovo introduces new budget laptops
- Ads for MacKeeper refunds will run on Facebook
- Suncorp's 'Ignite' delivers results for bank
- Customs biometrics to be ramped up by 2020
- NBN reports increased revenue, losses