Acronis - News, Features, and Slideshows
OCZ announced its new Vector SSD Series developed with its new Barefoot 3 controller. Meanwhile, BitMicro announced its next-generation solid-state drive controller, that it claims will produce 400,000 I/Os per second when used with flash memory.
By Lucas Mearian | 27 November, 2012 22:05
Acronis, best known for its imaging software, today released the latest version of its backup and recovery software, which combines file and bare metal backup and restoration.
By Lucas Mearian | 03 May, 2011 14:13
British businesses are lagging behind many of their global competitors when it comes to disaster recovery in the clouds, according to research from Acronis. And even the companies who are diligent about backing up are failing to treat virtual servers in the same way as they treat physical ones.
By Maxwell Cooter | 21 January, 2011 01:33
Your hard disk is a time bomb, waiting to go off. If you're lucky, like most people, it will never detonate. But if you're unlucky, like some people, you could lose all of your files, works, and applications, with no warning when your hard disk crashes. Acronis Drive Monitor (free) promises to give you warning before that crash, so that you can take action before you're hit with disaster.
By Preston Gralla | 22 July, 2010 23:59
The following report, is based on a global survey of 706 IT and security professionals conducted in the United States, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. The goal of the survey was to capture data on current attitudes and trends with mobile devices and IT security. This is the third survey on this topic and this report evaluates differences in responses to similar questions asked over the past two years.
Protecting against known, and new, advanced, unknown threats requires the most rapid and precise detection and protection technologies. With multiple solutions available, finding the best one can be challenging. Independent testing firm Miercom took on this challenge and tested network-based advanced threat prevention solutions that use virtual sand boxing. They found the solution delivering the fastest, most accurate and efficient solution against known and unknown threats.
- AMD slims PC chip lineup, hopes to return to profitability by year end
- The first self-driving 18-wheeler hits the highways
- Civil liberties groups oppose bill ending NSA's bulk phone records program
- Microsoft prepares Windows Server 2016 for the container age
- ZTE's bezel-less phone tosses away black border for more touchscreen function
- SAP sets its sights on the IoT with new cloud services
- Citrix's iPad mouse arrives next week
- SAP brings its S/4Hana data platform to the cloud
- MIT says solar power fields with trillions of watts of capacity are on the way
- Lawmakers move to end warrantless surveillance of US residents
- Microsoft won't give up trademark fight over Skype in Europe
- Google senior VP talks about when the company nearly failed
- Microsoft aims to increase confidence in cloud services with better networking
- The Internet of Things to take a beating in DefCon hacking contest
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Wednesday, May 6