Acronis - News, Features, and Slideshows
OCZ announced its new Vector SSD Series developed with its new Barefoot 3 controller. Meanwhile, BitMicro announced its next-generation solid-state drive controller, that it claims will produce 400,000 I/Os per second when used with flash memory.
By Lucas Mearian | 27 November, 2012 22:05
Acronis, best known for its imaging software, today released the latest version of its backup and recovery software, which combines file and bare metal backup and restoration.
By Lucas Mearian | 03 May, 2011 14:13
British businesses are lagging behind many of their global competitors when it comes to disaster recovery in the clouds, according to research from Acronis. And even the companies who are diligent about backing up are failing to treat virtual servers in the same way as they treat physical ones.
By Maxwell Cooter | 21 January, 2011 01:33
Your hard disk is a time bomb, waiting to go off. If you're lucky, like most people, it will never detonate. But if you're unlucky, like some people, you could lose all of your files, works, and applications, with no warning when your hard disk crashes. Acronis Drive Monitor (free) promises to give you warning before that crash, so that you can take action before you're hit with disaster.
By Preston Gralla | 22 July, 2010 23:59
This report showcases the results from a Computerworld survey across IT managers and CIOs on their organisation’s use and intentions around data backup and recovery processes. Find out: how IT leaders are changing the way they protect their organisation’s valuable information, the most popular uses and intentions around data backup practices and how organisations are dealing with exponential data growth.
Cybercrime is now a leading menace of 21st century businesses. Perhaps even more unsettling, many cybercrime victims have been breached despite sizeable security investments and best-of-breed product deployments. For this reason, the sophistication of recent attacks has created a widespread sense of fear and distrust among consumers.
- Privacy group files FTC complaint to push Google to extend right to be forgotten to US
- US judge dimisses second conviction of ex-Goldman Sachs coder
- Samsung profit squeezed by Galaxy S6 shortage
- Reddit CEO Ellen Pao tries to calm furor with huge 'mea culpa'
- Drawing and writing (poorly) with HP Pro Slate 8
- In Pictures: Best office apps for Android, round 3
- In Pictures: How 7 companies bring power to Hadoop Big Data applications
- Instagram bumps up photo resolution to 1080 pixels
- Samsung releases world's first 2TB consumer SSDs
- Microsoft's new Tossup app tries to simplify getting friends together
- Cisco leading another IoT standards group
- Humans again to blame for latest accidents involving Google autonomous cars
- Microsoft offers researchers US$500K to work on HoloLens
- Microsoft is just days away from wrapping up Windows 10
- iPhone 7 rumour rollup: Apple's just going to have all the money, production revs up