advertising - News, Features, and Slideshows
PayPal is fine-tuning its policies after a recently announced plan to make unsolicited prerecorded calls and texts to users drew questions and concerns from customers, regulators and consumer advocates.
By Zach Miners | 30 June, 2015 05:16
Facebook wants to squeeze as much growth as it can out of its popular Messenger app, even if that means foregoing Facebook.
By Zach Miners | 25 June, 2015 04:51
It would have been easy enough for Dunkin' Donuts to dismiss the Internet phenomenon "Dressgate" as irrelevant to its brand. What, after all, could an online debate over optical illusions and the color of a dress possibly have to do with pastry and coffee?
By Katherine Noyes | 17 June, 2015 03:29
Oracle surprised many tech industry observers by announcing Thursday it would pay US$871 million for marketing automation software vendor Eloqua. The move seemed a bit unlikely given the amount of sales and marketing software Oracle already had.
By Chris Kanaracus | 20 December, 2012 20:59
Facebook, which had been in the doghouse with Wall Street since it went public, wowed investors with its third-quarter report on Tuesday, in particular with its improvements and early results in the crucial mobile market.
By Juan Carlos Perez | 24 October, 2012 04:33
Have you ever found yourself in an unfamiliar city with no clue about where to go and what to see? What if you could just hold up your phone, snap pictures of your surroundings, and discover interesting local restaurants and landmarks? With augmented-reality apps, you can do just that. But advertisers are jumping on the trend as well, so the same application that reveals intriguing potential destinations might also bombard you with ads for nearby fast-food chains. Can augmented reality actually be useful for consumers, or is it simply another way for corporations to get a hand in your wallet?
By Ginny Mies | 22 June, 2010 09:40
In the current market, there is an increasing demand for unbiased information about Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions. This white paper focuses on solutions that are anticipated to have an important role in Enterprise Mobility Management. An overview of features has been created to enable a better understanding and comparison of capabilities.
For the eighteenth consecutive year, Check Point has been positioned in the "Leaders" quadrant in the Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Network Firewalls1. Gartner evaluates each vendor’s Enterprise Network Firewall offerings on a scale of completeness of vision and ability to execute.
- Supreme Court justices hold stock in tech vendors, other firms
- There's even an app for dogs and cats scared of fireworks
- Microsoft confirms 'waves' roll-out of Windows 10
- How Instagram spots a trend
- Longtime Microsoft partner Yahoo tests search with Google
- Third build of Windows 10 in one week a sign of OS stability
- GM to offer teen driver tracking to parents
- Scott McNealy sees gold in the hills of social data
- Sprint drops 600 Kbps video-streaming limit after outcry
- Bevy of cheap LTE smartphones on the way, Qualcomm says
- Config error at Boston-area hosting company takes down Reddit, others
- Intel shuffles ranks, President Renée James to exit
- Toyota, Nissan and Honda to back hydrogen fuel cell infrastructure
- Attackers abuse legacy routing protocol to amplify distributed denial-of-service attacks
- The Upload: Your tech news briefing for Thursday, July 2